Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gene Roddenberry  (Read 1362 times)

BobDavid

Gene Roddenberry
« on: November 17, 2015, 01:43:13 am »

On my way to the beach tonight, listening to NPR, I heard a short bio on Eugene Wesley "Gene" Roddenberry. He did much more than create Star Trek. So I made this picture tonight. Though I am not a Trekkie, I am in  awe of what Gene accomplished, especially before he got caught up in Hollywood. It's worth taking a few minutes to look him up in Wikipedia.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:37:29 pm by BobDavid »

BobDavid

Re: Gene Roddenberry
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 11:02:26 am »

No comments?

graeme

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 12:06:44 pm »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 12:17:44 pm »

My comment is that the image looks great as a thumbnail. The moment I opened it and saw the white dots and the red line, however... :)

stamper

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:30:06 am »

No comments?

I don't think you should "beg" for comments. If the members ignore it then just keep posting till a subject they like appears and then they will comment. I too liked the thumbnail ....but?

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 08:54:35 am »

And I'm still mulling it over, having looked at the thumbnail and the larger one about a dozen times.
Yes, the thumbnail is "classic BobDavid," but the enlarged version has much more going on. Is the straight line too hokey? I still haven't made up my mind.

Come back and see if I have a better response in another month or so.   ;)

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

BobDavid

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 10:36:45 am »

I don't think you should "beg" for comments. If the members ignore it then just keep posting till a subject they like appears and then they will comment. I too liked the thumbnail ....but?

I can see your point. ... I wanted to reach out and ask for feedback--wanted a critique. So I raised my hand again. Thumbnails, at least for me, are hard to gauge. 

BobDavid

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 11:06:38 am »

And I'm still mulling it over, having looked at the thumbnail and the larger one about a dozen times.
Yes, the thumbnail is "classic BobDavid," but the enlarged version has much more going on. Is the straight line too hokey? I still haven't made up my mind.

Come back and see if I have a better response in another month or so.   ;)

Eric

The straight line raises the "hokey" question to be sure. I wrestled with it and then decided to leave it in. Sure, it's an airplane--a thing in the sky. But over the course of a four-second exposure, it became a red line punctuated with regularly spaced white dots. ... Still pictures represent T and Z within the boundaries of X and Y. Weird.

AreBee

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 11:14:41 am »

Bob,

No comments?

Live long, and prosper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up