Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What a photographer be legally permitted to capture in Paris this days?  (Read 651 times)

Eugen-Florin

• Eugen-Florin Zamfirescu

With  french legislation drastically restricting the ability of all of us to capture images of citizens on the streets without their consent, I wonder if this applies under  horrible circumstances such as this killings?
Is this an exception to the application of the law? Who's deciding?

landscapephoto

Re: What a photographer be legally permitted to capture in Paris this days?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 01:15:45 pm »

With  french legislation drastically restricting the ability of all of us to capture images of citizens on the streets without their consent, I wonder if this applies under  horrible circumstances such as this killings?

The press is an exception to that law.

Is this an exception to the application of the law?

Who's deciding?

Laws are voted by the parliament and application is left to local courts. Was that a rhetorical question?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: What a photographer be legally permitted to capture in Paris this days?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 11:26:26 pm »

If it wasn't for average people taking the videos and pictures, there wouldn't be any of the most timely shots taken during the action when it was happening.   Also, it seems the press there was using those videos and shots.  So who was actually breaking the law?  The whole thing seems pretty silly now that we had this terrible situation when non-press photographs are so important for the world to see.  They ought to change their laws. But then again I'm not French.
Pages: [1]   Go Up