Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7r II with Metabones - Can't Turn Off IBIS When IS Lens Attached  (Read 1257 times)

John Hollenberg

I have a Sony A7r II with firmware 2.0, metabones 4 adapter with firmware 0.46.  When I attach a Canon 24-70 f4 L IS lens I see the following:

1) If IS on the lens is on, then Steady Shot (IBIS) is Off
2) If IS is Off, then Steady Shot is On (according to the menu on the a7r2) and grayed out so there is no way to turn it off. 

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn Steady Shot off and IS on the lens off.  I don't know if this is a problem in practice, but noticed it because I found some shots soft at certain shutter speeds (on a tripod) and wondered if the image stabilization could be part of the problem.

I don't know if IBIS is actually off, or if the menu item is incorrect with this combination.  Haven't checked other lenses with IS to see if this is unique to this lens.  Any thoughts?

John Hollenberg

Re: Sony A7r II with Metabones - Can't Turn Off IBIS When IS Lens Attached
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:45:43 pm »

OK, I found the answer:

To turn off all IS, hold down the WO button on the adapter while switching the lens IS OFF. If you want to use IBIS, all you have to do is switch IS on, then switch it off again without holding down the WO button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up