Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this a new bug?  (Read 2057 times)

James R

Is this a new bug?
« on: November 11, 2015, 11:30:18 am »

Shot a birthday celebration and culled the images down to 119.  Next, straightened and cropped the images.  Then I made a few basic adjustments to an image and copied and pasted to the other 118 images.  As always, the basic adjustment were pasted properly; however, I lost the straightening on all images, except the image used for copying.  Checked that original to make sure I didn't copy any crop elements and I had not.  Normally I make the base adjustments before the crop and straightening step.  So, is this a new bug or something already identified?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Is this a new bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 01:54:10 pm »

...I lost the straightening on all images...

It would help if you could define the above.

"Lost" - no straightening left whatsoever, or there is some, just not the amount you wanted?

"Straightening" - was it done in the Crop panel or Lens Corrections one?

James R

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 09:46:45 pm »

It would help if you could define the above.

"Lost" - no straightening left whatsoever, or there is some, just not the amount you wanted?

"Straightening" - was it done in the Crop panel or Lens Corrections one?

Sorry, I should have referred to the Angle tool in the Crop panel.  All adjustments using this tool were lost after pasting adjustments from one image to all other images in the folder.  I must clarify that the adjustments pasted did not include adjustments from the Crop panel.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:18:04 pm by James R »

Jimbo57

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 04:54:14 am »

I don't know why you expected the straightening to be copied - or why you would want it to be. It is unlikely that you would have made the same degree of error in every shot.

I don't think you have identified any "bug".

eliedinur

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 05:11:47 am »

I agree with Jim; but if you really want all 119 photos offset by the same angle, use the Sync/Auto Sync function which is the proper tool for batch edits. Copy/Paste is more appropriate for 1 to 1 transfer of settings.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 07:31:53 am »

I don't know why you expected the straightening to be copied - or why you would want it to be. It is unlikely that you would have made the same degree of error in every shot.

I frequently make exposure bracketed or differently lighted shots of stationary scenes, which are taken with the camera on tripod. It makes perfect sense to be able and copy those settings, it saves a lot of time. Capture One e.g. allows to do that with ease.

I don't think you have identified any "bug".

Don't know if it has always been the same, maybe it's a 'feature' that it can't do it?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

kirkt

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 08:36:41 am »

I tried to reproduce your issue and could not.  I am using 2015.1.1.  I applied a straighten (with the angle subtool in the crop tool) to several different images, with different angles applied.  I then applied some adjustments to the first image in the set (exposure, clarity, saturation, whatever).  I copied the settings and unchecked the Crop settings from the copy dialog.  I pasted the settings to all of the images in the set and the previously applied angles were preserved.

Are you sure you unchecked the Crop settings when you copied settings?  Do you have something like AutoSync active that might be automatically syncing the crop settings from the first image to all of the images in your set?

Try again with a small set of images and see if you can reproduce your issue consistently.

Good luck,

kirk

James R

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 12:11:15 pm »

Guys, I wasn't copying an angle adjustment.  Cropping and angle adjustments were made as needed on individual images.  Next I made a couple of basic adjustments (-10 saturation, WB (images were a little cold), and a small amount of noise reduction.  I copied those adjustments to all 119 images (crop and angle was not check for copying).  Viewed the images and found all angle adjustments were missing.  I'm using Lr CC on a 2012 Mac Pro running OS 10.11.1.   

Also, for clarification, I did used the proper method for making the bulk changes.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:14:36 pm by James R »

James R

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 12:33:35 pm »

I tried to reproduce your issue and could not.  I am using 2015.1.1.  I applied a straighten (with the angle subtool in the crop tool) to several different images, with different angles applied.  I then applied some adjustments to the first image in the set (exposure, clarity, saturation, whatever).  I copied the settings and unchecked the Crop settings from the copy dialog.  I pasted the settings to all of the images in the set and the previously applied angles were preserved.

Are you sure you unchecked the Crop settings when you copied settings?  Do you have something like AutoSync active that might be automatically syncing the crop settings from the first image to all of the images in your set?

Try again with a small set of images and see if you can reproduce your issue consistently.

Good luck,

kirk

I'm back home and will try this again with a different set of images.  What frustrated me was the Crop settings and subsets were unchecked, but only the angle changes were missing.  I always use the Uncheck All before selecting the changes I'm using.  Obviously this isn't something observed by others so I will explore it further.  Just pissed me off having to unnecessarily rework images. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up