Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMART SOLUTIONS, top pro quality for peanuts....  (Read 1088 times)

Theodoros

SMART SOLUTIONS, top pro quality for peanuts....
« on: November 09, 2015, 11:29:07 am »

The Sinarback 54H FW + Fuji GX-680 costed less than 3K euros in mint condition and is including 5 lenses, 3 finders, 2 screens, extention rails, film back, extra insert, polaroid back, remote release,  all cables needed and charger with two rebuild batteries and two more AA battery chambers with 12 rechargeable NiMh batteries.... At the price one gets...

-lens quality that is very hard to beat,
-Shift, tilt, swing & macro abilities that exceeds the needs of an MFDB user,
-True color multishot 88mp images (with out stitching) of jaw dropping quality,
-Live view shooting of great quality that secures focusing accuracy to the optimum.
-Additional TTL viewfinder that helps to set up the system at the minimum possible time,
-90' Rotational back for landscape/portrait orientation,
-Color calibration of extreme accuracy on the spot,
-Compatibility with Hasselblad H/V, Mamiya 645 & Contax 645 systems.
-Top reliability...

One can also easily (and cost effectively) add to it (if he needs to)... image stitching abilities of spot on accuracy, UWA abilities and even Sinar's LC shutter that would make LV performance hard to beat by any standard....

All in all, the combination of Fuji GX-680 & Sinarback 54H seems to be perfect, they simply seem like they are made for each other only yesterday (by no means earlier that 2014 anyway)... If one didn't know that the back was designed as to supplement a high end Sinar P3 system with full interface communication, he would swear that it was made for the Fuji...  But finally... when one sits in front of his computer as to review his workflow... he can't help but to think of the cost for those jaw dropping quality results that are hard to believe...

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:17:47 pm by Theodoros »

Phil Indeblanc

Re: SMART SOLUTIONS, top pro quality for peanuts....
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 12:18:59 pm »

when using such a back and system step focusing is important and this system wouldn't allow it to do so. But the back is a nice one. The Sinar SW is supposed to be nice, but I looked around at it many years ago on the first version (I think I still have the CD).
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Theodoros

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 12:55:18 pm »

when using such a back and system step focusing is important and this system wouldn't allow it to do so.

What you mean? ...the 54H offers GREAT LV focusing with the Fuji (it doesn't with the Contax 645 I also own) and is even compatible with Sinar's LC shutter which I borrowed and tried out of a friend that has two for his P3... With the LC on, the LV is simply as good as with the P3... which simply means among the best around.

Also, Captureshop's 6.1.2 LV functionality is amazing for one to nail focus "dead accurate"... The only (unusual) requirement, is that one has to use both the "master" & the "slave" cable as to connect the back on the camera and when he activates LV, he has to unplug the "slave" cable and mount the Fuji remote release instead as to open the shutter... otherwise, if he leaves the "slave" cable on, he has to press the release button (with "B" on shutter) manually.

Theodoros

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 09:29:47 am »

If you refer to focus stacking on stills with small objects/high magnification... I'd rather extract as much DOF as I can using movements and shoot at a longer distance/lower magnification and then crop out of the 88mp "true color" exceptional quality files as to magnify as much as I would like...
Pages: [1]   Go Up