Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P-800 on sale  (Read 2407 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Epson P-800 on sale
« on: November 09, 2015, 10:21:15 am »

For those who are interested and may have missed it, I received my periodic B&H newsletter, clicked onto the site and see they are offering the Epson P-800 for about 1200 US, which after a 300 dollar mail-in rebate (from Epson for US purchasers only and till Nov. 30) brings it down to about 900. With the supplied inks being worth about 400, the residual value of the machine alone is only about 500. Seems to be quite the deal so soon after this printer's release. One wonders whether Epson is running competition with Canon who recently released the Image Prograf Pro-1000 - apparently only to the US market so far at about USD 1300. Maybe that price will come down too, though it's a bit soon. Looks like prospective days for those living in the USA seeking new pro-quality printers.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Joe Blackwood

Black Friday to Cyber Monday - Additional $50 Rebate
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 12:48:00 am »

I received an email message from Shades of Paper letting me know that Epson has added an additional $50 rebate to the rebates for the P800, P600, and P400. 
$350 total in rebates for the P800 and $300 for the P600.  The additional $50 Rebate is for purchases made between 11/27/15 and 11/30/15.

Additional $50 Rebate On Top Of The Existing Rebate!

jeffreybehr

• Happily retired accountant
Re: Epson P-800 on sale
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 01:51:03 pm »

While I hope that lots of fotogs take advantage of these deals--an image on screen is, IMO, a poor imitation of a big, beautiful print on 17" paper--I'm VERY glad I bought my 3880 a couple years ago.  It's been HIGHLY reliable and affordable.  FWIW, I use it also as a general-purpose home-office printer and use Ink Jet Art Micro Ceramic Luster...
https://www.itsupplies.com/InkJetArt-Micro-Ceramic-Luster-17x25-50-shts
...for fotoprints in mine.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 03:28:52 pm »

...use Ink Jet Art Micro Ceramic Luster...
https://www.itsupplies.com/InkJetArt-Micro-Ceramic-Luster-17x25-50-shts

My stock "house" paper for several years now.  Excellent IQ.  Cost effective.

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 09:05:57 am »

Did you create your own profiles for the Ink Jet Art Micro Ceramic Luster?
Regards,
Ron

jeffreybehr

• Happily retired accountant
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »

No.  I select 'Printer Manages Colors' (or some such) in PSCC, as I've not had much luck over the years with using paper profiles...and I expect that's me and not PS or the papers or printers.  I select Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster and 'Quality' rather than 'Speed' in the printer driver.  I add 7 points of brightness and 1 (I think) of saturation.  All my fotog friends say my prints are excellent, and even my fussiest goodbuddyfellowfotog says they're about as good as he's ever seen.

Also, FWIW, I bought a roll of that paper* and an inexpensive 18" cutter from B&H to print panos 16" high (and wider than 24" as would be limited by the precut 25" paper) and as wide as c. 32".  (The Epson 3880 driver allows paper to be defined as long as 37.4"; I have no idea what the P800's paper-length limit is.)  Thirty-plus inches of paper is a little difficult to handle, but I've not had even one paper-handling disaster.

* which is slightly less expensive per 25" length than are cut sheets.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 12:49:33 pm »

Inkjetart (the suppliers of microceramic lustre) supply profiles and will also make custom profiles.  I had profiles made for microceramic lustre, Costco glossy and Lexjet Production Sunset Matt canvas.  All work well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up