Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Epson P-800 on sale

(1/2) > >>

Mark D Segal:
For those who are interested and may have missed it, I received my periodic B&H newsletter, clicked onto the site and see they are offering the Epson P-800 for about 1200 US, which after a 300 dollar mail-in rebate (from Epson for US purchasers only and till Nov. 30) brings it down to about 900. With the supplied inks being worth about 400, the residual value of the machine alone is only about 500. Seems to be quite the deal so soon after this printer's release. One wonders whether Epson is running competition with Canon who recently released the Image Prograf Pro-1000 - apparently only to the US market so far at about USD 1300. Maybe that price will come down too, though it's a bit soon. Looks like prospective days for those living in the USA seeking new pro-quality printers.

Joe Blackwood:
I received an email message from Shades of Paper letting me know that Epson has added an additional $50 rebate to the rebates for the P800, P600, and P400. 
$350 total in rebates for the P800 and $300 for the P600.  The additional $50 Rebate is for purchases made between 11/27/15 and 11/30/15.

Additional $50 Rebate On Top Of The Existing Rebate!

jeffreybehr:
While I hope that lots of fotogs take advantage of these deals--an image on screen is, IMO, a poor imitation of a big, beautiful print on 17" paper--I'm VERY glad I bought my 3880 a couple years ago.  It's been HIGHLY reliable and affordable.  FWIW, I use it also as a general-purpose home-office printer and use Ink Jet Art Micro Ceramic Luster...
https://www.itsupplies.com/InkJetArt-Micro-Ceramic-Luster-17x25-50-shts
...for fotoprints in mine.

Peter McLennan:

--- Quote from: jeffreybehr on November 26, 2015, 01:51:03 pm --- ...use Ink Jet Art Micro Ceramic Luster...
https://www.itsupplies.com/InkJetArt-Micro-Ceramic-Luster-17x25-50-shts

--- End quote ---

My stock "house" paper for several years now.  Excellent IQ.  Cost effective.

rdonson:
Did you create your own profiles for the Ink Jet Art Micro Ceramic Luster?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version