Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Select which monitor to use as second monitor  (Read 1394 times)

jaclarkaus

Select which monitor to use as second monitor
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:34:44 pm »

I'm sure this has been asked before, and there were a couple of clunky workarounds at the time, but ...

I have 3 monitors on my PC, setup as: 24inch + 30inch +24inch. I use the 30 inch for Lightroom main window, and want to right-hand 24inch as second display.

Every time I use second display, it opens on the left monitor. If I take it out of full screen I can drag it to the right screen, and make it a little larger to try to fit the screen, but if I make it full screen, it goes back to the left.

This has been complained about for year (probably doesn't impact the MacBook Pro users so much) so am a little suprised if it hasn't been addressed. Any ideas?

I have even tried to swap the cables between the two outside monitor, but it figures out when I re-order them in Windows and goes bak the same.

Jimbo57

Re: Select which monitor to use as second monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 05:21:07 am »

Leave the cables connected as at present, but switch the positions of the two outside monitors.

The simple solutions are often the best.

jaclarkaus

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 12:39:42 am »

No, then when you roll off the right-hand side of the main monitor, you roll onto the left side of the left monitor then roll toward the centre (right side of left-hand monitor) and same going the other way.

Then when you go into Windows setup and arrange them, the behaviour goes back as before.

Adobe should just give you an option to select the display monitor in the first place

Jimbo57

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 04:19:53 am »

I may be wrong - but I think that Lightroom only has provision for using two monitors, rather than three.

With two monitors, I simply drag the main LR window on to whichever of my monitors I want, and the second window then automatically appears on the other one.

Perhaps you have simply tried to go a step beyond the capabilities of the program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up