Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AF on Sony A7rii doesn't work with Canon lenses+Metabones IV  (Read 1151 times)

derAngler

AF on Sony A7rii doesn't work with Canon lenses+Metabones IV
« on: November 08, 2015, 12:03:05 pm »

Since a few days I cannot use any Canon autofocus lenses with my Sony A7rii. Before it was working but now it doesn't. I am using a Metabones Mark IV adapter. I reseted all camera settings several times but that didn't help either. Even with the AF switch turned on the camera display still shows it as MF. In the camera menu in the third folder I cannot chose "Focus Mode". It always shows MF and is grayed out. Any help is highly appreciated because I am already sitting here since several days and cannot figure out what the problem is. Firmware of the adapter is 0.45 and camera 2.00.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: AF on Sony A7rii doesn't work with Canon lenses+Metabones IV
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 12:11:58 pm »

Assuming that if you attach a native FE mount lens and AF works, then it is likely something in the Metabones has malfunctioned.  But before drawing that conclusion, make sure all contacts on the metabones and lens are clean.

derAngler

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 12:19:48 pm »

I checked all the contacts and tried 6 different Canon AF lenses. Which contacts on the Metabones adapter are the one which transmit the autofocus information?

John Hollenberg

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 02:18:40 pm »

Probably a long shot, but any chance you attached the lenses in advanced mode rather than green mode?  That would explain the problem.

http://metabones.com/article/of/green-power-save-mode

derAngler

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 05:03:32 pm »

Guys you are awesome! It really was the Metabones Adapter switched to Advanced mode. I didn't even know that such a mode exists. I hope many other users with the same problem can find a solution now. Thanks a lot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up