Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rotation Issue with C1 Pro  (Read 1579 times)

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
Rotation Issue with C1 Pro
« on: November 05, 2015, 08:18:55 am »

I've had this issue in the past and someone over at GetDPI just posted with the same problem.  Since there are more Phase folk here, I thought I'd cross post in case anyone knows a solution.

If you are shooting straight up or straight down and have the camera doesn't know which way is up (the gyro can't find vertical) then when the images come into a tethered session, C1 Pro doesn't know which way to orient them.

So, then I just use the rotation tool to put the proper end up and apply whatever crop and other adjustments I want.  The problem is that when the next capture comes in (from the same setup), C1P will apply all the settings from the previous capture EXCEPT the rotation.  So, I have to manually rotate (and re-crop) every capture that comes in.

What gives?

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Rotation Issue with C1 Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:01:21 am »

Sounds like a question for the Capture One Q&A forum here on LL ;)

I had a question about some strange behavior the other day and got an answer in about a half hour!

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 09:07:04 am »

I have wondered about this also.  When tethering, on certain images, I will sometimes push the shadows and or highlights sliders way up to quickly proof the edges of extreme shifts.  As Chris points out, all following images will take on the same settings until you go back and reset the sliders. 

I thought creating a custom workspace would do it, and it does, but you have still go back and forth between the two workspaces. 

There may be a setting I am not aware of to default all tethered captures to the default C1 settings?

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 09:27:40 am »

Sounds like a question for the Capture One Q&A forum here on LL ;)

I had a question about some strange behavior the other day and got an answer in about a half hour!

Heh, never realized that existed.

jvpictures

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 10:46:07 am »

That was discussed in the PhaseOne forum already. I had the same problem in an earlier version of C1 8 than the current one and the solution was not to rotate the image but to change the orientation. and this copy into the clipboard and set next image capture to copy from clipboard. This worked for me that time using a Nikon D4s, but the other problem was the live view within C1 did never work correctly (the image was nervously turning between portrait and landscape mode all the time). Don't know if this has been fixed now with the current release of C1 Pro since i did not make repros anymore since that...

see this thread:
http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=17313&sid=aa2640436db2c015990975f69c52bae3

Although i don't now know if I am allowed to copy a link from another forum than this!

Capture an Image.
Apply a new Orientation (not a Rotation but Orientation)
Copy Adjustment to Clipboard (be sure to tick on Orientation)
Change "Next Capture Adjustment" to "Copy from Clipboard"

JoeKitchen

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 11:01:29 am »

I have dealt with this too.  The Phase One backs have an option within them where you can manually pic which side is up.  I have never set this through C1 though, only on the back it self. 

I would assume that C1 would recognize this setting from other cameras if it existed on them. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 05:34:02 pm »

Go to the top menu>Camera>Orientation and set it manually...this will take care of incoming images and live view image

BR

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 07:23:39 pm »

For clarity...

Capture One supports manually setting the orientation of cameras which provide access to that setting via their SDK. Canon, Nikon, and Sony do not provide access to the orientation of the camera via their 3rd Party SDK. Phase One and Leaf do. So when using a Canon/Nikon/Sony you need to do the fairly obtuse work around posted above. When using Phase One or Leaf backs you set the orientation directly under the camera drop-down menu.

I'd encourage anyone who does this kind of work with a Canon/Nikon/Sony to contact those companies and encourage them to provide that functionality in their SDK so Capture One can provide you access to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up