Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9600 Print settings problem  (Read 1066 times)

huguito

Epson 9600 Print settings problem
« on: November 05, 2015, 12:04:13 am »

Hello
I am running into a weird problem
I have not used my printer for a while, and trying to send a file to print on a sheet of 8.5 x 11
I set everything up as usual, no color management, 2880 , print as Luster 250.
The printer is set as printing from sheets, the light is on the printer panel on the option of sheets.
The panel on the printer reads Load Roll Paper

As soon as I send the print job the other two lights, roll auto cut, and roll cutter off start to blink, while the light on the option of sheets stays on, and nothing prints

What am I doing wrong that makes the printer think that I am planning to print from a roll?

Please don't tell me I have to read the manual!

Hugo

huguito

Re: Epson 9600 Print settings problem
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 03:10:41 pm »

Nobody?

kcnncb

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:33:23 pm »

Just hit the paper source button and it will print.

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 02:18:22 pm »

Hello
I am running into a weird problem
I have not used my printer for a while, and trying to send a file to print on a sheet of 8.5 x 11
I set everything up as usual, no color management, 2880 , print as Luster 250.
The printer is set as printing from sheets, the light is on the printer panel on the option of sheets.
The panel on the printer reads Load Roll Paper

As soon as I send the print job the other two lights, roll auto cut, and roll cutter off start to blink, while the light on the option of sheets stays on, and nothing prints

What am I doing wrong that makes the printer think that I am planning to print from a roll?

Please don't tell me I have to read the manual!

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

Sometimes, being away from a printer driver dialog for an extended period of time can play havoc with one's printing routine.  It has been a very long time since I worked with my 7600s and that dialog, so I would have to really concentrate on every aspect of the driver in that case.  One question - do you use presets for your papers and printer settings for both roll and sheet?  I'm sure you probably do, so you might want to choose a preset for sheet paper and then immediately check the printer settings attached to that preset.  There is a possibility that the preset has become corrupted in some way, in which case you would have to recreate the preset for that paper type, as well as the sheet/roll settings.  The only other thing I can think of is the possibility that although you have chosen sheet paper, you may not have chosen the actual "sheet" version for the size you want to print to.  As an example - if you want to print on US Letter size sheet paper, you would choose "US Letter (Sheet)", not simply "US Letter".  And of course that would be the same for all of the default paper sizes, not custom sizes.  I have no idea whether or not that kind omission might cause the issue you are experiencing, but it might be worth a peek at least.

Gary     

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:23:20 pm by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

huguito

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 03:58:26 pm »

Hi Gary
You are 200% right
I tried again last night with fresh eyes, and notice the option of us letter expands on a sub menu that includes sheet and roll. The roll option was chosen, so when I select sheet on the printer panel, and then roll was selected in the menu, the damn thing was not willing to go, just like a stubborn mule.

If I had not found it, your coments would have help me find it for sure,

Thanks

Garnick

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 09:07:29 am »

Hi Gary
You are 200% right
I tried again last night with fresh eyes, and notice the option of us letter expands on a sub menu that includes sheet and roll. The roll option was chosen, so when I select sheet on the printer panel, and then roll was selected in the menu, the damn thing was not willing to go, just like a stubborn mule.

If I had not found it, your coments would have help me find it for sure,

Thanks

You're very welcome Hugo, and thanks for letting me know that perhaps my old memory isn't quite as moldy as I had thought.  I'm very glad you found your way back to printing with the 9600, a real workhorse for sure.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up