Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scanning prints: Epson 11000XL  (Read 1526 times)

silvergelatin

Scanning prints: Epson 11000XL
« on: November 04, 2015, 10:21:48 am »

I'm a totally analog darkroom printer, so I need as a final step to scan my prints for offset printing in a book. As quality is paramount, I've been using a Creo IQSmart, which is insanely good, but the hourly fees to use it are just too much for me to continue. It is SLOW! I'm considering buying an Epson 11000XL, but I'm hesitant due to the suspicion that it is merely a consumer grade scanner with big glass (and price tag). Has anyone compared this scanner to the like of the Creo, Lanovia, Cezanne, etc in terms of 11x14 print scanning only? I do not scan film anymore, so this is not an issue.

framah

Re: Scanning prints: Epson 11000XL
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 09:42:39 am »

When Kodak decided to not support the Creo anymore, I bought the Epson 10000XL and I can definitely say it is a perfectly fine scanner. Not just a "consumer grade" scanner. I also scan art with a Betterlight scan system and the quality is comparable.

On another note... would you be interested in  buying my old Creo IQSmart scanner?   $1,000 plus shipping.  PM me if you are.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Jager

• E vestigio
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 08:55:05 am »

Here's a review you might find helpful...

Review of Epson 11000XL

silvergelatin

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:33 am »

Thanks, Jeff! I'd seen that, but didn't really know what the reviewer's idea of good quality is. That's why I like comparisons with known quantities. I'm going to go ahead and buy one after I print my next batch next week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up