Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The More it Changes, the More it Stays the Same  (Read 1039 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
The More it Changes, the More it Stays the Same
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:58:59 pm »

:)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: The More it Changes, the More it Stays the Same
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 07:58:04 pm »

+1 :)

Cheers,
Bernard

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 07:59:30 pm »

Brilliant! And true!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 10:39:36 pm »

So true! Except your awesome rate is triple mine.  ;D

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 03:46:10 am »

And the time taken to fill them is probably a constant as well, which indicates that the quality of photography is proportional to the  period spent in preparing the shot, or something like that.

NancyP

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 02:54:52 pm »

Thanks. Awesomeness per unit time spent photographing is constant. Awesomeness per unit time spent editing those photographs - sadly, is going down, given that it takes a finite amount of time to consider each shot and pitch or keep.

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 04:39:08 pm »

Thanks. Awesomeness per unit time spent photographing is constant. Awesomeness per unit time spent editing those photographs - sadly, is going down, given that it takes a finite amount of time to consider each shot and pitch or keep.

Not if you apply the same shooting psychology as you might have done with film.

For me, it's currently impossible to make a comprehensive comparison for the simple fact that when I was working at my peak, my work was my hobby, too, and even though it was expensive film, cost didn't affect me one way or the other: clients always paid.

Today, 'working' as an amateur, I am in the digital world, and that costs nothing but time which isn't earning a penny for me either way. In fact, when I'm not 'working' today, I am spending more money than when I am 'working' because photographing is cheaper than hanging about buying coffee somebody else makes for me.

But, as I always had a good idea where I wanted something to go, that hasn't changed with the mediums. I shoot very little per idea now, because I don't need to coax faces - just have to have the idea. In fact, I stopped chimping a long time ago, and find that Matrix is so good that pretty much everything I shoot gets kept and galleried; having said which (about having the idea), it's even easier than I thought: I have realised that the idea arrives all by itself now, because it's alread there waiting for me to see it, to recognize its presence. Unlike the world with models, the world without them already exists with or without my input.

So you see, photography actually saves me money and fills the voids that drift along all by themselves, just as death comes along in the end and solves everything completely. Life has a beautiful equilibrium, on balance. ;-)

You just have to accept the truth about existence, to stop fighting it, and to enjoy the ride for as long as the music plays. When it stops, you either find yourself in your idea of heaven or there's nothing, in which case you'll be none the wiser.

Life is a wonderful gift, if you let it be.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up