Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900 - Free to good home  (Read 1477 times)

Ned Bunnell

Epson 4900 - Free to good home
« on: November 03, 2015, 04:30:36 pm »

Greetings,

Long time reader of these forums. Since I'm not selling the printer I hope posting this here is ok with everyone.

I have a 4900 that's in pristine cosmetic condition (less than 1,000 sheets), but unfortunately it has clogged arteries. Epson had sent me some free ink and a maintenance tank awhile ago, but now that I'm out of warranty, my only choice to try unclogging the heads is to have them send out a technician and most likely replace the print head. I'm in the process of moving from CA to FL and really don't want to pay for shipping this beast as well as potentially damaging the printer even more while in transit.

I'm in San Clemente CA. If anyone is within driving distance and thinks they might be able to breath some new life into my 4900, it's yours for "free". If you're so inclined, I guess a $50 Starbucks card would be greatly appreciated, as the new ink carts you'll get are worth quite a bit more as you know.

Printer comes with manual, 8 new ink cartridges, roll paper spindle (never used). Basically everything that comes with the Std Edition 4900.

The only catch is you'll need to pick up the printer no later than next Saturday, November 14th.

Thanks,
Ned
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:52:11 am by Ned Bunnell »

coastalfog

Re: Epson 4900 - Free to good home
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 03:28:44 pm »

and if you miss out on this offer i've got the same deal a little further up the coast in Pismo Beach with a full set of inks and a clogged orange and green lines. I'm sure it can be fixed by someone but i've not got the time nor the wherewithal to do so.

Ned Bunnell

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 11:44:46 am »

Just a quick note to thank everyone who viewed this post. A really nice forum member, who I'll just call Bob to protect his identity, stopped by yesterday to pick up my 4900. Hopefully he'll be able to get the printer serviced and up and running again. Once I settle in FL, I'll most likely buy an 800 so I can start printing again.

Cheers,
Ned
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:51:45 am by Ned Bunnell »

robertarthur

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 05:07:35 pm »

Ned,

This is Bob.  It was great to meet you and  your lovely wife.  I just thought that I would let you know that I just heard from the technician up here in So. El Monte.  He was able to get all the heads cleared.  The total cost for the repair will be below $300.00 (they charge $90.00 per hour for labor).  I can hardly wait to get her in the room and printing.  I will make a mental note to do a test print twice a week to keep it from clogging.

I wanted to thank you again for your generosity.  I am sending a little thank you your way.  I hope it gets to you before you make your move.

Thanks again.

Bob

DL Manning

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 04:49:00 pm »

Adding a 3rd 4900 to give away here in Utah.  Clogged PK channel resists many clearing attempts by me.  I just don't print enough to justify all the ink flushed into the maintenance tanks previously.  Even if a tech could get it going again I'll probably be better off with a P800.  All manuals and accessories included. For personal pick up only please.
Pages: [1]   Go Up