Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: moving between windows and mac with c1 catalog  (Read 1031 times)

orc73

moving between windows and mac with c1 catalog
« on: November 03, 2015, 04:02:21 pm »

Hello

I had to use a windows pc for a while. Now back on mac. Getting the mac created library on the pc was not problem and I was able to work in it.
Now I opened the library back in the mac....and while browsing through the images and zooming in works fine: export is just taking forever, really to a level it can't be accepted.

Now first the I thought the mac has a problem. To find out I imported the files into a new library out of the old libraries originals. When I did that, the export performance is super fast. My 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.3ghz is then on the level like the latest 6700k skylake pc overclocked to 4.4ghz.
Both with good graphics 7970 on the mac and gtx970 on the pc.

So yes I could just move on with the new import, but I loose some adjustments, even when I check the "existing adjustments" in the import dialog. It takes over the rating, as well as some basic adjustments, but not all and also no croping, nothing from color editor.

The files are stored inside the catalog, which made it more portable for me. Inside the catalog I created collections from the different scenes. That's how I organized it. Of course this is also lost now.

Question 1:
Is there a special workflow to move a library to a mac from the pc?

Question 2:
How would I get the rest of the adjustments and collections exported from the "pc damaged" library to the new library on the mac?

I hope to find and answer and I hope to safe somebody else the trouble to go through this. 4AM here and still typing :)
best regards
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:11:11 pm by orc73 »

orc73

Re: moving between windows and mac with c1 catalog
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 06:17:08 am »

Ok I will answer this myselves :) hope this saves time to somebody.

-I opened the "windows spoiled" catalog on the mac
-went to Albums
-right click export as catalog
-choose to include the photos in the new catalog
-took a while
-now the new catalog is ready to use and works fine with all settings

Not really super sexy and may sound a bit stupid at first, and it did the job.

Pages: [1]   Go Up