Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe's Overseas's Customer Service Comprimised?  (Read 3520 times)

Michael West

Re: Adobe's Overseas's Customer Service Comprimised?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 11:56:51 pm »

Hi Michael,

I think it is just a coincidence. You probably just got an unrelated scam call.

There is/was a notorious Windows computer service center scam, and I also received a number of those calls. I once played along, just to see what they were trying to do and how they would try to gain access to my computer to lock it, and hold it in ransom or steal passwords. Of course I stopped following instructions before any harm could be done. The better ones have lots of good answers prepared, so they can wiggle themselves out of most questions. Clever, but disgusting.

Ars Technica also received such a call, and documented it here.

It can also get very funny, if it wasn't so sad.

Cheers,
Bart

I wish I had had the patience.. the next time the phone rings and theres a NO NUMBER caller on the ther end of the line I will start talking in my fake indian accent

Michael West

Re: Adobe's Overseas's Customer Service Comprimised?
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 12:00:34 am »

There's the problem. There's SO much publicity about this issue now it's difficult to understand how anyone can fall for these scams.

the addresses of ALL the recipients...to a very personal....you give us ten grand we give you ten million dollars Nigerian  scam i  recieved.... were in the CC  portion.....of the messages header.  Amazing. the dozens of us who had the very same Deceased uncle...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up