Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photography gel setup for Flashpoint RoveLight 600  (Read 2105 times)

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com
Photography gel setup for Flashpoint RoveLight 600
« on: October 30, 2015, 02:30:07 pm »

I am looking for a solution for putting a gel on my gel for Flashpoint RoveLight 600...
In case you have it, how do you use color modifiers with the head? I intend to use the head with Elinchrom softboxes.
Thanks!

Some Guy

Re: Photography gel setup for Flashpoint RoveLight 600
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 11:14:28 pm »

I just use some wooden embroidery hoops from the fabric shop and cut a circle of the gel to fit in it (Cut notches 1/2" in from edge so they will fold into the hoops.).  I attached two wooden clothespins to the inner hoop's edge to clip it onto the hood and allows for about 2" of air circulation between the hood and the gel in the hoop.

A later one I drilled three small holes in the wooden hoop and glued some small diameter brass wire with a bent J-shaped hook on the ends to attach to the rolled edge of the hood.  Spring steel wire from hobby shop might be better than the brass as it bends too easily.

SG

bernhardAS

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 06:16:13 am »

Gaffer tape

elliot_n

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 07:32:00 am »

Small softbox - clip the gel to the front face of the softbox.
Large softbox - go inside the softbox and use gaffer tape.

(My Elinchrom lights have tungsten modelling bulbs, and I sometimes cut donut-shaped (and sized) rings of gel that are held in place by the neck of the bulb - i.e the gel covers the flash tube, but not the modelling light. I do this with ND gels. But it looks like your lights don't have old school modelling bulbs, so this won't work.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up