Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Penobscot Lumine Revisited  (Read 951 times)

Patricia Sheley

Penobscot Lumine Revisited
« on: October 30, 2015, 10:43:57 am »

…the case for advanced aged, coupled with eight hour drives of late in no way sufficiently works as an excuse for my brain fade and torturing you a second time with my same old study of a brief almost hallucinatory experience I seek not to leave me for the vapours. Aware the evening before that several days seemed to have built into a wandering of an “unfamiliar”, an appearing inner room where by 2:30 or 3 each morning stripped of consciences, memory, emotion for which I had a working language, I could only hang on to my one scribbled note in the wet sack with extra batteries and lens wipes. My cold wet feet seemed to be the only other touch with reality. (The captain asleep below had been awakened during my first shoot by my foot gear, so I elected to go barefoot, as simple proper thermal booties were not something I had thought to add to gear) The note reminding me at each set up and cover against the wet that the reward might be one morning the setting moon.
The evening before the image was the reminder that the time had arrived, but the fog was so deep as morning twilights approached that even moving my head side to side in light change scans I could not locate the moon and where in the breathing fog over my right shoulder the sun might appear. I knew it must be gaining on the watery flow because the light around me seemed to be stretching itself to an eternity for which I held no map. I can only describe it as pursuit…pursuit of that moon, holding my breath, trying to be ready. The inadequate description of the intensity of the one moment I earlier posted as “moonset/sunrise” is not unlike the desperation as one spits up sand having survived a churn in a rip surf. Don’t know how many we are allowed in a lifetime, but my eight hour drives of late have been navigated without the companionship of music hoping to shed the worthless conceits of my old mind to make better use the light revealed in those days … though silent so powerfully charged with the ecstasy and vitality of Medea.
Thank you for your deeply felt kindnesses during the exploration. Again, my apologies for the earlier double post. Wishing you many paths to such light.
Lumine
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:51:55 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Penobscot Lumine Revisited
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 11:47:46 am »

Patricia,

Thank you for suffering for your art so that we, your viewers, can enjoy the fruits of your pain in perfect comfort.  ;)

I suspect that having music in your car during the eight-hour drives would not have spoiled the results, which are magnificent.

-Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 12:47:42 pm »

Eric... I have not expressed myself well enough...not even the fore-breeze of a whisper of suffering involved when life pops you into such circumstances...thus my inadequate attempt to suggest it is not unlike the desperate and concurrent  immeasurable joy (without the means to name it so) of inexplicably finding oneself brilliantly and undeservedly alive for the moment.  8) 

A common woman~

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 04:41:12 pm »

The foggy one would appeal if I didn't know what stunning light was about to come. The colour one is amazing. Beautiful.

Jeremy

Praki

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 02:09:26 am »

People who say that photography is not art should see these images. Very evocative.

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 10:33:57 am »

People who say that photography is not art should see these images. Very evocative.

Well said!
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up