Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's moved from Lightroom to Capture One?  (Read 12821 times)

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
Re: Who's moved from Lightroom to Capture One?
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 06:23:23 pm »

My guess is that the reason we haven't seen a lot of updates to Media Pro lately is that they're busy integrating it into C1! If that IS what they're doing, when they finish, C1 will have the best cataloging system in the business.

I really hope this is true. The poor cataloging system is my primary gripe with C1 and the main reason I stick with LR. I've kept updating C1, which is starting to get expensive - I just updated to v8 on 10/23/15 - a little outside the free update window.  :(

So I'll probably have to wait for a while before upgrading to v9. I can at least experiment with the trial, in the meantime.

One day, maybe v11, maybe v12, I'd be able to switch to C1 full time. As an old Aperture user, I like the interface better. But continue to hope Phase One will ditch to collections and follow Aperture's lead on cataloging a little more closely.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

Dan Wells

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 06:32:26 pm »

Try contacting P1 support on that upgrade! I had the same problem with being JUST outside the window, and David from P1 (active on the forum) made it right for me...

Bob Rockefeller

• Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 06:33:47 pm »

Try contacting P1 support on that upgrade! I had the same problem with being JUST outside the window, and David from P1 (active on the forum) made it right for me...

Great tip! How did you contact them, via a support request ticket?
Bob Rockefeller

Dan Wells

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 06:41:14 pm »

I got in touch with David through the forum (I was one of several to post on this issue in the long v9 thread and he PM'd me), while another user had a similar result through a support request ticket. It seems like Phase One is aware of a lot of folks with this issue, and they are working with people individually to make it right. Can you imagine Adobe doing this?

Bob Rockefeller

• Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2015, 06:43:33 pm »

Thanks. I've submitted a support ticket.

And no, I can't imagine Adobe being accommodating at all. They're too huge.

But they may have been taken down a peg after the reaction to their changes to LR's import tool. :)
Bob Rockefeller
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up