Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: projector profiles in Windows  (Read 750 times)

kkopchynski

projector profiles in Windows
« on: October 25, 2015, 06:46:57 pm »

Hello,

I run digital projection for 2 camera clubs from my Mac. Recently I was asked to look at projection equipment for another club. They are using Widows 8. I was immediately struck that in Windows 8 and later checking Vista and 7, that the color management control panel does not let you see or specify a profile for the projector. Unlike the Mac where I can specify and use a different profile for the laptop screen and projector. I remember back in XP that I could only run 1 profile, and had to choose the projector profile and have a crappy looking screen image. The projected image was good, which was what mattered.  Has this really not been improved in later versions of Windows? Or is this not a function of the OS but rather a function of the graphics system of the laptop? The graphics system of my old XP laptop and this other club's laptop are definitely inferior. Any insights on how to successfully manage a projector profile on Windows will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Kevin

DaveRichardson

Re: projector profiles in Windows
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 10:17:49 pm »

Kevin,
This might be a limitation of the hardware (laptop video) rather than windows.

I use windows 7 with 3 monitors each of which is calibrated and profiled. The video card allows me to upload separate LUTs for each monitor and windows 7 happily supports this.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up