Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soft case recommendations for Nikon 200-500  (Read 2212 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Soft case recommendations for Nikon 200-500
« on: October 24, 2015, 11:49:55 am »

Love this lens however the soft sock that Nikon includes doesn't cut it.

What soft cases would others recommend. Looking for a case for the lens only with nice padding.

Thanks
Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

dwswager

Re: Soft case recommendations for Nikon 200-500
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:08:43 am »

Love this lens however the soft sock that Nikon includes doesn't cut it.

What soft cases would others recommend. Looking for a case for the lens only with nice padding.

Thanks
Paul C

This is going to depend on you purpose.  Obviously, the supplied case should be sufficient for storage.  So now that leads to transport and location use.   So how do you intend to carry it?  What type of access do you want.  There are belt systems, wraps, neoprene drawstring pockets.  Do you already have some sort of system for your other gear?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Soft case recommendations for Nikon 200-500
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:36:23 am »

Hi Dean,

Ended up with the Lowe Pro Lens case for the 200-500.  I planned to carry the lens, outside my pack due to size.  Sadly the lens is back at Nikon for repairs, due to the rear rubber gasket pulling out.  However now I am into a situation with Nikon Repair, west coast, where they are claiming the damage was done via a drop.  BS, as it was returned via my local dealer who has verified that the lens was fine.  Still not sure where this is going.  Lens has been at Nikon since 11/7/15. 

I will add, off topic, that from my experiences it seems Nikon has recently taken a real backwards direction on both customer service and repairs period.  Hopefully not a trend.  If you are not NPS, as I am not, things seem to get shuffled to the back bin.

But at least I have a case for it if I ever get it back.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up