Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Adobe discussion groups/ forums bugs  (Read 2276 times)

kevs

Official Adobe discussion groups/ forums bugs
« on: October 23, 2015, 09:36:47 pm »

Anyone use Adobe forums/ discussion groups? I had to spend 6 minutes making a new screen name, they forced that on me, even though I have a screen name already --I did all that, and then the post was posted with my real first and last name (which is in the account).  Brings you to tears, they have to support or contact. Anyone notice this?
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

eliedinur

Re: Official Adobe discussion groups/ forums bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 03:50:34 am »

Your actual name appears only when you are logged in to the site. Everybody else sees your user name.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 02:22:57 pm »

I've experienced the same on Adobe forums and other sites that require this kind of login/registration on how they inform what's mae public vs private in their setup interface. But still it would be nice if they told the registrar clearly how user ID will appear to others.

Facebook tends to make this difficult to check on a whole other level of obscurity in the form of public/private icons listed on the right of one's profile. I really stay away from FB as much as possible.

I don't have as much trouble with Adobe forums since I always use my real name which I now do for all discussion sites I visit.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 02:32:10 pm »

Facebook tends to make this difficult to check on a whole other level of obscurity in the form of public/private icons listed on the right of one's profile. I really stay away from FB as much as possible.
FB makes it extremely easy to do actually.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 02:41:44 pm »

FB makes it extremely easy to do actually.

I guess I should've been clearer. That wasn't there before they switched to Timeline interface. But my main point is again, just like the Future Of LR discussion there's a ton of options the user is responsible for in knowing its functionality but not so easy in getting clear and complete answers on whether there's more to it than how it's worded or whether it needs to be known in order to get work done.

It's similar human interface lack of specificity snafu stuff to the old click on the box to turn it off, instead of saying click on the box to place a check in the box which will turn the feature on or off.

jjj

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 09:02:49 pm »

I guess I should've been clearer. That wasn't there before they switched to Timeline interface.
Timeline came about 3-4 years back and being able to see what your profile liked to to others was there long before that.

But my main point is again, just like the Future Of LR discussion there's a ton of options the user is responsible for in knowing its functionality but not so easy in getting clear and complete answers on whether there's more to it than how it's worded or whether it needs to be known in order to get work done.

It's similar human interface lack of specificity snafu stuff to the old click on the box to turn it off, instead of saying click on the box to place a check in the box which will turn the feature on or off.
Grief you really need to work on your English. You may know what you mean, but I have real trouble trying to parse your sentences at times.
Re complexity of software, which I think you are trying to get at. Anything that has very comprehensive features is going need some effort on the user's part to get to grips with it. Regardless of how well designed it is. There are no shortcuts to this.
I can operate software better than most people I meet. Not because I'm super computer software smart, but because I spend the time working out how things operate, which most people don't bother to do. Also because I'm lazy, I put in the hard effort up front to find the easiest way of doing stuff. This initial time consuming work saves me lots more time and effort on a day to day basis. And gives me more free time to waste online, ride my bikes  ;)

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 01:58:29 am »

Grief you really need to work on your English. You may know what you mean, but I have real trouble trying to parse your sentences at times.

Kiss my bum, Jeremy. How's my English now? I take it you won't be parsing my whinging anymore. That's a relief.

jjj

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 03:39:22 pm »

Kiss my bum, Jeremy. How's my English now? I take it you won't be parsing my whinging anymore. That's a relief.
Well you seem to have discovered full stops, so that's an improvement at least.

kevs

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 08:09:18 pm »

Thanks guys, still no email notification here, thought that was solved...

I went to Facebook and found Adobe and sent them a message. They replied:

Hi Kevs, this is a known issue where the screen name name is not being displayed, we are working towards it. Sorry for this inconvenience. As of now the real name appears.
Regards. Adobe

So this is actually  happening! Amazing I replied:

Thanks, so ironic, Adobe put so much effort into privacy now, and yet you are the only discussion group in the world that has people  showing their real names.
Can you notify me when this is solved? If it will be awhile I can delete the account and create a new one with the screen name, How will I know this is fixed unless I post? What is your estimate? thanks.

And he replied he will notify me.

New news, Adobe guy from Facebook, says your name is not showing, even though you see your full name on the thread. Need to log out to test, which I'll do later. It was not like this before, you would see your screen name.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:23:23 pm by kevs »
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s
Pages: [1]   Go Up