Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica SL Initial Thougts article  (Read 12453 times)

cchann

Re: Leica SL Initial Thougts article
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2015, 09:57:57 am »

I'm sure that it's a great camera. Not something I'd call a system, yet.

While the price isn't a big problem (well not too big of one), I wouldn't commit until they demonstrate their seriousness with native lens releases. 3 native lenses by the end of 2016 doesn't really do it for me. I look at the T lens releases as an example. At what stage will Leica look at sales and decide it isn't worth developing more lenses.

MoreOrLess

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2015, 02:16:03 am »

I'm sure that it's a great camera. Not something I'd call a system, yet.

While the price isn't a big problem (well not too big of one), I wouldn't commit until they demonstrate their seriousness with native lens releases. 3 native lenses by the end of 2016 doesn't really do it for me. I look at the T lens releases as an example. At what stage will Leica look at sales and decide it isn't worth developing more lenses.

My guess is the lenses will like the S system aim at quite a narrow userbase, I wouldn't expect lots of cheaper/smaller zooms and primes in the future however successful it is, I suspect future releases if they come will be along the lines of 35mm/85mm F/1.4's and an UWA zoom.

Again my guess is that despite the pro talk Leica are probably looking at marketing this mostly to high end amateurs early on, for a lot of them then lenses announced so far might be all they need.

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2015, 05:25:21 am »

I've seen some pictures from someone I know through a mutual friend. He's a Leica fanatic and definitely a high end amateur.

I still think that, especially from the front, the SL looks ugly as all hell (more so with tiny M lenses). It's not a workhorse and never will be, but at least it delivers on quality as one would expect.
Instagram (updated often)

bobtowery

• Antarctica 2016
    • http://bobtowery.typepad.com
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2015, 01:51:28 pm »

Re: the Ethiopa article and Aram, the SL shooter. Michael, if possible, please provide a link to Aram's work once he posts it. I'd like to see what he did with the SL. Thanks.
Bob
 ht
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up