Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: St Michaels, Kirby Malham  (Read 542 times)

graeme

St Michaels, Kirby Malham
« on: October 20, 2015, 07:20:17 pm »

Thought it was about time I posted something. Comments appreciated as always.

Graeme

KMRennie

Re: St Michaels, Kirby Malham
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 12:12:55 pm »

Hi Graeme.
Overall I like the image and the lighting
2 comments both a little negative. Too symmetrical for me and the shadow at the front right or more accurately the bright patch highlighted by the shadow is catching my eye more than the central image.

Ken

graeme

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 07:23:33 pm »

Hi Graeme.
Overall I like the image and the lighting
2 comments both a little negative. Too symmetrical for me and the shadow at the front right or more accurately the bright patch highlighted by the shadow is catching my eye more than the central image.

Ken
Thanks for the comments Ken.

I see what you mean about the bright area: I think the image generally needs a bit of dodging & burning to emphasise / de emphasise various areas. It's a work in progress. I have a print of it on the wall in my work area & I'm quite enjoying living with it.

Re symmetry: It's just my kind of thing.

Graeme

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 09:53:51 am »

Hi Graeme, I like it but I'm not sure what it's trying to say. I'd spend some time thinking about that before I did a bunch of dodging and burning. The highlights aren't too high, and the lows are low but visible. I have to conclude that's what you intended since that's the way it was when you posted it. If you bring up the background it's going to be a very different picture.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up