Equipment & Techniques > Beginner's Questions

Never done any stitching

(1/5) > >>

hasselbladfan:
How the hell do I start? What software do I use?
What is the best lens to use?

graeme:

--- Quote from: hasselbladfan on October 20, 2015, 05:10:25 pm ---How the hell do I start? What software do I use?
What is the best lens to use?

--- End quote ---
1. Hold your camera in portrait orientation.

2. Take some overlapping shots of the scene you want to capture (about 20 - 25% overlap ).

3. Lightroom's pano merge is pretty good but if that doesn't work try Photoshop's merge function.

4. Try the lenses you've already got ( but probably not the very wide angle ones ).

5. Bernard Languillier is the LuLa Stitching Guru, check out:
https://luminous-landscape.com/stitching-an-advanced-aproach/

6. Ignore replies from forum member's who are obviously having a bad day.

Have fun.

Graeme

Torbjörn Tapani:
Rotate the lens around the nodal point.

Jeremy Roussak:

--- Quote from: Torbjörn Tapani on October 20, 2015, 08:22:06 pm ---Rotate the lens around the nodal point.

--- End quote ---

That's necessary only in some, restricted circumstances. Most of the time, just taking overlapping shots, even handheld, and feeding them to LR, PS, AutoPano or PTGui will produce excellent results.

Jeremy

Bart_van_der_Wolf:

--- Quote from: Torbjörn Tapani on October 20, 2015, 08:22:06 pm ---Rotate the lens around the nodal point.
--- End quote ---

More correctly, rotate around the entrance pupil of the lens (AKA the No-Parallax-Point or NPP), the apparent position of the aperture as viewed from the front of the lens. This is  important if the image has significant amounts of predictable detail in the foreground that needs to remain in the same relative position as the background features. Casual shots may tolerate a more sloppy shooting style.

Cheers,
Bart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version