Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Camera, One Lens  (Read 6233 times)

Rob C

Re: One Camera, One Lens
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 09:10:05 am »

Don't take it TOO personal, Rob...

Peter

But Peter, I'm not an old hen, just an old cock(erel)! Or I was, last time I bothered to look!

;-)

Rob C

Jager

• E vestigio
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 09:50:38 am »

One camera, one lens?  Wow, much as I hate to say it (because I love medium format, both film and digital), that'd have to be one of my Leica M's.  Maybe the M240 with a 35 Summilux, as in the pic below.  Or, more likely, the Monochrom with the 50 APO, my most-used combination.

MFD was an easy choice for me, as I just wanted to leverage the Hasselblad V-system that I love.  The CFV-50c does that in spades.

Glad to see some motorcycle love here.  Sadly, I confess to having totaled my bikes on two of my three racetrack crashes.  High speed, violent affairs...  Nowadays it's just the street for me.  Four bikes and not enough time.

And, yeah, Valentino is the man!

DucatiTerminator

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 03:04:32 pm »

And if all goes to plan (at least MY plan) he will win his 10th this Sunday at the same place!!!!
MY plan too! LOL

He's a good old chicken - and old guys should rule! I remember what his race mechanic (I think) from a few years ago said when asked what he was like: "Mad as a box of frogs" was the answer, but he still does the business.
He does indeed. My youngest son is named Hayden-Rossi, LOL.

One camera, one lens?  Wow, much as I hate to say it (because I love medium format, both film and digital), that'd have to be one of my Leica M's.  Maybe the M240 with a 35 Summilux, as in the pic below.  Or, more likely, the Monochrom with the 50 APO, my most-used combination.

MFD was an easy choice for me, as I just wanted to leverage the Hasselblad V-system that I love.  The CFV-50c does that in spades.

Glad to see some motorcycle love here.  Sadly, I confess to having totaled my bikes on two of my three racetrack crashes.  High speed, violent affairs...  Nowadays it's just the street for me.  Four bikes and not enough time.

And, yeah, Valentino is the man!

Interesting response! I'm fascinated by the Leica MM. Hope I get the chance to shoot with one soon.  8)

BTW, nice GS!

La gallina vecchia fa buon brodo

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 04:16:36 pm »

(shot on medium format...)
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

DucatiTerminator

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »

(shot on medium format...)

Badass!! Once I pull the trigger on MFD, it will accompany me at every race I attend (though I don't think I will take many action shots -- mostly paddock).

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 04:24:13 pm »

handheld, 480mm manual focus...
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

DucatiTerminator

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 04:32:42 pm »

Wow, which lens, 240mm w/2X TC?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:59:00 pm by DucatiTerminator »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 02:26:34 pm »

Hi,

Getting back to the OP, would I need to choose a one camera one lens combo I would clearly opt for a superzoom of the highest quality I can find. That may be the Sony RX10 or the Canon 5DsR with the 28-300. But I really do prefer a decent choice of lenses.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 12:32:25 pm »

One MF camera and one lens.... hmmm...
I guess for me it would probably be a Phase One XF with IQ380 and the SK 40-80.  That would give me the most versatility in a single lens for the types of things I photograph.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up