Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: edit the camera tag?  (Read 1183 times)

TylerB

• my photography
edit the camera tag?
« on: October 14, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »

Is there a way I can edit the camera creation tag in either the profile .dcp file, or the image file, so I can use the profile with images created otherwise? My reasons for pursuing this are too lengthy to go into here... any advice appreciated.

mouse

Re: edit the camera tag?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 04:17:13 pm »

Is there a way I can edit the camera creation tag in either the profile .dcp file, or the image file, so I can use the profile with images created otherwise? My reasons for pursuing this are too lengthy to go into here... any advice appreciated.

Guessing here:
You should be able to edit the image file with ExifToolGUI.
The .dcp file can be opened, edited and recompiled with dcpTool.

kirkt

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 04:22:49 pm »

You can use Torger's dcamprof tool, and specifically the dcp2json and json2dcp utilities to decompile your DCP into human readable text, edit it and then recompile it into DCP.

See the dcamprof thread in the Color Management section.

kirk

AlterEgo

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 04:51:00 pm »

in addition dcptool (google it) from SandyMC... it is somewhat simpler to use than dcamprof from A.Torger

BradSmith

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 08:44:43 pm »

You can use Torger's dcamprof tool, and specifically the dcp2json and json2dcp utilities to decompile your DCP into human readable text, edit it and then recompile it into DCP.

See the dcamprof thread in the Color Management section.

kirk

Yes, and only 993 messages to read.  This is the best example in a long, long, long time here at LuLa of the problems caused by not starting more specific threads on a popular topic. 

AlterEgo

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 09:23:06 pm »

Yes, and only 993 messages to read.  This is the best example in a long, long, long time here at LuLa of the problems caused by not starting more specific threads on a popular topic.
for this particular task you just need to read a dcamprof manual, not need to read the whole thread... but again dcptool for this specific task is the most easy tool to use for somebody new to the matter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up