Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus 75  (Read 16234 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Leaf Aptus 75
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 09:46:05 pm »

I then cropped the image to 1/4 of the total area.  (1/2 the length by 1/2 the height).  I then cropped that result to 1/4 of its total area again.  That means that the crop that you are looking at above is 1/16 of the total origional picture area.  The "Image Size" data: Picture size is 1667 pixels x 1226 pixels.  (1/4 the length x 1/4 the height).

Does that help?

Is a 100 % crop 10% of the origional surface area?  Do you want that?  It would be a larger piece of the origional.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=61625\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, the only way to assess image quality on screen is to look at a crop of the original image, not a resized image.

Regards,
Bernard

lonna.tucker

Leaf Aptus 75
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 11:42:07 pm »

Dave,

100% is the actual pixel view. Go to the top photoshop menu>view>actual pixels.

Crop an area at this magnification that is large enough to see a few things. That's it.

Thanks Dave.

Lonna Tucker

lonna.tucker

Leaf Aptus 75
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 11:56:34 pm »

Mark - I understand completely. I have a 4X5 Arca Swiss and when i spring for a MFDB, I will most likely go the 6X9 conversion route. Martin at Arca Swiss recommends micro orbix for use with digital backs. It makes focusing less sloppy and more precise.

I also am heavily invested in a Mamiya 645 system, so I can use that for other work.

The lens cast issues with view camera movements worries me about the Phase backs. I also worry about Leaf switching over to Kodak chips down the road, and I worry about all these backs not holding up to the elements outside.

I have never had a view camera fail on me or stop working because it was too humid, too cold, or too hot. I did have a cinder land on my camera once from a forest fire and burn a hole through the bellows. Fortunately, I had another bellows, so no worries.

I have had to send the Arca in for a tuneup. Try Precision Camera in Chicago if you need this done.

Best,

Lonna Tucker

GabiHirit

Leaf Aptus 75
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 09:04:47 am »

Lonna ,

I don't know if this is the kind of image you want but it's all the foliage I could find in my courtyard . It's early spring here so not too much green yet .
The files are not processed at all . No sharpening in Leaf Capture or Photoshop . Just a very  aprox gray balance .

Camera : Fuji GX680 III
Lens :      210 f5.6
ISO 100 , 1/60 ,  F 11 2/3

Gabi

Dave Carter

• http://
Leaf Aptus 75
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 09:55:00 am »

Lonna,
I hope this is better.  I made about the same crop size after going to VIEW and ACTUAL PIXELS.  I then saved it as a jpg at quality level 10.  Is this what you wanted?
Dave

lonna.tucker

Leaf Aptus 75
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 11:08:12 am »

Dave and Gabi,

One thing about  DSLR digital capture that always looks artificial to me is green foliage and also tree bark. I'm always fiddling in post to make these things look "real". I think I see what I'm looking for in these tests and it looks promising. I appreciate you both posting these. At this point, I'm still waiting to see if I can get a demo in the near future.

Thanks again,

Lonna
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up