Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just installed Windows 10 on Sony Vaio Flip - Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 working fine  (Read 1523 times)

geezerhood

I don't know how many Sony Vaio Flip15 users there are out there but I thought I might let you know how my Windows 10 update went. I installed Windows 10 on my Sony Vaio Flip15 ( Model SVF15N189PXB ) in hopes of fixing some display problems I was having with Windows 8.1 that I could not seem to resolve after weeks of trying various things.

First off let me say that I really did not enjoy the update / downloading experience. I wanted to simply download Windows 10, burn to a DVD then install that way but was not able to get a bootable Win 10 DVD after 3 tries.  Although it took two days and three additional downloads lasting several hours each to finally make it work plus struggling with the Intel and Nvidia display drivers, Windows 10 is now running and everything I have tried so far works well.  The Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 menu font size does not scale when I make changes in the Windows settings (No surprise, but I was hoping it would) - same goes for Photoshop CC and Capture One Pro 7. Capture One 7 still has some chopped off font problems in some menus like it did with Windows 8.1.

I mainly use Lightroom just for cataloging / tagging and Capture One for RAW processing, so I haven't really done much with it as far as processing raw files in Lightroom since the update to Windows 10.  If there are any other Vaio Flip15 owners out there who would like me to try any processes in Lightroom, Capture One Pro 7 or Photoshop under Windows 10 before they decided to make the move to Win 10, let me know and I will try to accommodate you.

The Windows 10 install bypassed both of my video drivers and installed a generic Microsoft display driver that wrecked my display options.  If you have already done the update to 10 and are having display problems like not being able to rotate the display with Ctrl - Alt - Arrow Keys, or multiple monitors are not working - as I had experienced, uninstalling the Intel display program in the control panel - then reinstalling with the last Intel video drivers for your specific machine from SONY not from Intel, fixed it for me. Nothing I got from Intel directly would fix the issues, in fact most of the drivers I downloaded simply would not install. On the other hand, I downloaded the Nvidea drivers from Nvidea directly rather than getting them from Sony, because the Sony procured drivers were not working correctly with Photoshop.   It was a royal pain but worth it to me to get rid of the horrible display issues I was plagued with.

I quite liked Windows 8.1 and have been using it for a while, but I like 10 better, even after having used it for only a few hours, so I am not be going back to 8.1 unless something else shows up that makes 10 a no go.

reptile

Hello there,
I upgraded my flip to windows 10 because when I tried a clean install from the scratch I had several issues like you, it's running smoothly and nice.
Do you have any problems with your display? Like ghosting on the edges of the screen or light bleeding?
Pages: [1]   Go Up