Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the difference between a NEC PA272W-BK and a NEC PA272W?  (Read 1676 times)

Sunshine7

Hi all,

Am finally looking to but a new monitor since my Imac is not ideal for color checking.

Since there is now a rebate on the PA272W-BK and PA272W in the form of a free monitor hood I am looking to buy one of these, but can not find any reviews in the difference between the two, just know that that one seems to be a LCD and the other one a LED.

I do not know what the difference would be and if one will be 'better' than the other and how to decide on this.
PA272W is $999 at Adorama and LCD - the PA272W-BK is $999 LED at B&H, both with rebates for the monitor hood.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks again!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: What is the difference between a NEC PA272W-BK and a NEC PA272W?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 04:18:05 pm »

I believe BK gets you SpectraView software and a Colorimeter. You want that in any case.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

howardm

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 05:03:48 pm »

The difference is the color of the bezel around the screen, it comes in white or black    BK = black   

The 'SV' version contains the NEC branded i1Display Pro and Spectraview software.  Note that that version of the i1Display Pro *CANNOT* be used w/ a non-NEC monitor (the XRite i1Profiler software that you can get will refuse to work w/ it but there is an alternate free sw package that will). 

If you're considering the SV version, you'd be better off just getting an i1Display Pro and the Spectraview software ($90) separately.

Sunshine7

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 05:14:05 pm »

Ok, that helps, thanks Andrew and HowardM.

I guess I made it more complicated than it is and both of them are actually listed as 'LED Backlit Wide Gamut LCD Desktop Monitor' in the descriptions, while at certain websites the 'title' says either LCD or LED which was confusing me.

I already have an i1 Display as well as a i1Display Pro2 (thanks to both of your previous advise when I was just starting all this last year) so will be taking the next step up to the NEC PA272W-BK very soon.

howardm

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 05:31:21 pm »

so just order the SV software from necdisplay.com or I think B&H also has it.  It's just a download and license code.

Also get the NEC 'Multiprofiler' software (necdisplay.com) which lets you play even more w/ the monitor ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up