Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7900 Paper Feed Problem  (Read 568 times)

Peterretep

• http://www.mountainphotographics.com
7900 Paper Feed Problem
« on: October 10, 2015, 12:10:17 pm »

Anyone have suggestions for a problem I'm having with an Epson 7900? The problem is that letter size sheet paper feeds about an inch and one half too much before printing starts. This yields too much border on the leading edge of the paper, nearly 2 inches. When this happens with a 10 inch print, the image on the trailing edge of the print is not printed. Any suggestions for a remedy to this. I've done a lot of searches for this same problem but haven't come up with anything.

Thanks!

Peter

hugowolf

Re: 7900 Paper Feed Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:49:17 am »

Anyone have suggestions for a problem I'm having with an Epson 7900? The problem is that letter size sheet paper feeds about an inch and one half too much before printing starts. This yields too much border on the leading edge of the paper, nearly 2 inches. When this happens with a 10 inch print, the image on the trailing edge of the print is not printed. Any suggestions for a remedy to this. I've done a lot of searches for this same problem but haven't come up with anything.

I don't think I have had this happen with sheet paper, but my 9890 sometimes does it with rolls. You can actually see that too much paper has been fed through before the start. (Is the paper held lower before printing, or is it correctly positioned then an overly large border created when printing starts?)

What I have to do is release the paper then start the loading process again. This works most of the time, but sometimes I have to completely shut down the printer first.

You might also want to check for dust or debris around the optical sensor.

Brian A

Peterretep

• http://www.mountainphotographics.com
Re: 7900 Paper Feed Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 08:23:56 am »

Brian, thanks for your reply. I'm not having the problem anymore though I didn't do anything to make it go away. Maybe it was dirt around the optical sensor that fell away on it's own, I don't know but I'm happy it is working correctly again.
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up