Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica S 007 start shipping yet???  (Read 5405 times)

holyhikaru

Leica S 007 start shipping yet???
« on: October 07, 2015, 06:38:38 pm »

I preordered and still waiting for them. Wondering has anyone else got it yet?

And now they gonna announce Leica typ 601 soon. Very tempting to cancel my S007 preorder and jump to new Leica SL typ 601 if the specification is good enough.

hasselbladfan

Re: Leica S 007 start shipping yet???
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 11:12:17 am »

Very tempting to cancel my S007 preorder and jump to new Leica SL typ 601 if the specification is good enough.

Why would you do this? It will only be a FF, not an MF. Build quality and IQ will also be very different.

DucatiTerminator

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 01:07:45 pm »

Wouldn't your wait for the typ601 be just as long, if not much longer?
La gallina vecchia fa buon brodo

holyhikaru

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:31:14 pm »

After seeing the specification of Sl 601, I decide to keep my order on S007.

I feel that switching to SL 601 might not give me any upgrade from what I got from Sony A7rII + M lens I use right now.

But I am really frustrated that S 007 take so long for shipping. Still waiting :(

hasselbladfan

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 05:22:47 pm »

But I am really frustrated that S 007 take so long for shipping. Still waiting :(

The Leica store in London (Mayfair) is showing availability. Leica stores are traditionally served first.

william

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 07:09:46 pm »

Samy's Camera in Los Angeles had one (1) in stock until today.  Now they're out of stock.   ;)

B&C Camera in Las Vegas had one in stock as of yesterday. 

erlingmm

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 07:50:28 am »

Got mine in Oslo yesterday

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 01:38:07 am »

Got mine in Oslo yesterday

Where's the cat pic?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 09:01:54 am »

Have you seen the offers now available on the S-E (CCD model).

Red Dot Cameras UK is offering it complete with 70mm Summarit f2.5 for £7999 inclusive of VAT.

You know what I miss most of all in cameras? That wonderful, appropriate-to-function and tactile quality of the 500 and F/F2. Say what anyone likes, those cameras did things to the psyche that nothing since has ever done to mine. They made me feel professional and something special and, as a result, I seemed able to make things happen that don't any more. Magic existed.

Don't remember shooting a single cat, in or out of a black celler.

;-(

Rob C

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 10:24:40 am »

You know what I miss most of all in cameras? That wonderful, appropriate-to-function and tactile quality of the 500 and F/F2. Say what anyone likes, those cameras did things to the psyche that nothing since has ever done to mine. They made me feel professional and something special and, as a result, I seemed able to make things happen that don't any more. Magic existed.

To me the 500 evokes reliabiliy as in ""I know I am going to take poorly focused photographs with a great lens" and deliver the bluriness with amazing consistency". ;)

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 03:46:15 pm »

To me the 500 evokes reliabiliy as in ""I know I am going to take poorly focused photographs with a great lens" and deliver the bluriness with amazing consistency". ;)

And this the cat with 20/20?

Used in the studio with umbrella flash it did the business beautifully. Outside, it was a tripod-only creature, but outside I used the Nikons whenever I could. Different moods altogether from each of those formats. Even Hasselblad advised to use MU and tripods outside... why wouldn't you with such a machine? If you wanted hand-held 6x6, then Rollei TLR offered three options. But Rollei didn't have the psychological magic (pour moi) to which I referred earlier.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:53:12 pm by Rob C »

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 04:45:25 pm »

You know I've yet to find a camera that makes me feel as though I'm something special, but if I do so in the future I sure won't sell it!

Keith

You got it, Keith!

Rob C

eronald

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 04:59:34 pm »

And this the cat with 20/20?

Used in the studio with umbrella flash it did the business beautifully. Outside, it was a tripod-only creature, but outside I used the Nikons whenever I could. Different moods altogether from each of those formats. Even Hasselblad advised to use MU and tripods outside... why wouldn't you with such a machine? If you wanted hand-held 6x6, then Rollei TLR offered three options. But Rollei didn't have the psychological magic (pour moi) to which I referred earlier.

;-)

Rob C

Back when, a camera shop traded me my M4 for half a Hassy. It was wonderful - for the first time I had white whites, black blacks and soft colorful images. Thanks to an incident light meter, Fujichrome 1600 became my friend. I realised that a camera could actually let me produce the images I saw. A girlfriend saw a picture of mine on the wall and said "Oh, I didn't realize you made it, I thought it was a photographer".  :)

Edmund
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:04:31 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Rob C

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 05:34:16 pm »

Back when, a camera shop traded me my M4 for half a Hassy. It was wonderful - for the first time I had white whites, black blacks and soft colorful images. Thanks to an incident light meter, Fujichrome 1600 became my friend. I realised that a camera could actually let me produce the images I saw. A girlfriend saw a picture of mine on the wall and said "Oh, I didn't realize you made it, I thought it was a photographer".  :)

Edmund

Girlfriends like that are worth a lot...

'Twould have made a great line for an ad.

;-)

Rob C

eronald

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 05:51:40 pm »

Girlfriends like that are worth a lot...

'Twould have made a great line for an ad.

;-)

Rob C

I just looked at your site. Didn't realize you dabbled in abstracts.
The trouble with the Hassy is it makes you see the world in squares, and no one wants squares.

Edmund

Rob C

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 04:31:43 am »

I just looked at your site. Didn't realize you dabbled in abstracts.
The trouble with the Hassy is it makes you see the world in squares, and no one wants squares.

Edmund

I always found the square to be perfect for concentrating attention on a subject. Workwise, it also allowed plenty of space for people to crop the sides to suit whatever they wanted to do with it after I handed it over. Well, on white Colorama, that applied!

Abstracts. Yes, when models are out of reach for one reason or another, you gotta do something to stay awake and be paying attention!

Thanks for looking!

Rob C

eronald

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 08:55:23 am »

I always found the square to be perfect for concentrating attention on a subject. Workwise, it also allowed plenty of space for people to crop the sides to suit whatever they wanted to do with it after I handed it over. Well, on white Colorama, that applied!

Abstracts. Yes, when models are out of reach for one reason or another, you gotta do something to stay awake and be paying attention!

Thanks for looking!

Rob C

Soon you'll be creeping up on some poor unsuspecting shrub and doing a Mapplethorpe. ;)

Edmund

Rob C

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 09:42:40 am »

Soon you'll be creeping up on some poor unsuspecting shrub and doing a Mapplethorpe. ;)

Edmund

Impossible: I no longer have a Hasselblad 500 Series.

Rob C

P.S. So Hamilton wins another World Championship!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:26:14 pm by Rob C »

holyhikaru

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 12:49:15 am »

Thank you for all reply. I got an email that my camera will arrive tomorrow :)

Now I have to decide which lens to buy between 100mm/f2 and 120mm/f2.5
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up