Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surface Book laptop - A whole new world for tethered captures?  (Read 6828 times)

Theodoros

Re: Surface Book laptop - A whole new world for tethered captures?
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 03:17:36 pm »

Weight would be the big factor for me for a portable tethering solution and less fiddling around.  SP 2/3/4 remains the better portable tethering choice for me.

But wow---the Surface Book does offer other capabilities/options. It's pretty too. Did Microsoft just shoot a warning shot across the Macbook Pro bow?

:)ken

Many think that this is not just a "warning shot"... It looks like macbook pro has some catching to do and its best for Apple to answer this soon...

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 03:40:46 pm »

If I have the specs correct on the surface book, the USB ports are on the keyboard?  So to tether you would need the keyboard attached to the surface book. This not a great solution for tethering and clamping would eliminate wrapping the keyboard around behind the unit.

Surface pro 4 seems to have the same design as the 2 and 3 with ports on the tablet/screen.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 04:17:02 pm »

Couple of shots of the screen converted...

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 08:44:53 pm »

Many think that this is not just a "warning shot"... It looks like macbook pro has some catching to do and its best for Apple to answer this soon...

Apple want to sell every fanboi one iMac, one MacBook Air, at least one iPad and an iPhone. Converged devices that cannibalize each other are not to their liking, look how long they took to bring out the iPad mini and the iPhone 6 Plus, which became instant bestsellers.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

texshooter

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 03:08:27 pm »

Does anyone know what the battery life is for the Surface Book in tablet mode? The MS site says 12 hrs but I suspect they mean in laptop mode only. I heard somewhere that the book has two batteries: one in the keyboard and one in the display.

Theodoros

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 03:14:27 pm »

Does anyone know what the battery life is for the Surface Book in tablet mode? The MS site says 12 hrs but I suspect they mean in laptop mode only. I heard somewhere that the book has two batteries: one in the keyboard and one in the display.

In one of the videos I watched they said that it's 3 hours for the tablet part alone...

texshooter

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 03:25:49 pm »

In one of the videos I watched they said that it's 3 hours for the tablet part alone...

Ouch. That ain't gonna work. I'll stick with my CamRanger plus Ipad for now.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 06:24:35 pm »

Ever since I had a play with a [quite cheap] Windows laptop with a touch screen, using Mac laptops now feels a bit behind the curve.
Even if OSX isn't optimised for touch, people are so used to interacting with devices that way now it seems a bit like a non-touch screen device is crippled now. Not a desktop screen as that is too big/far away for comfortable touch input, but a laptop....
Am quite intrigued by this new laptop and have been impressed with earlier surfaces after a little play in shops. So curious to see if this or a MBP is my next laptop.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up