Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shift lens for A7r around 45-50mm  (Read 1823 times)

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
Shift lens for A7r around 45-50mm
« on: October 05, 2015, 09:26:50 pm »

Dear colleagues, is there anyone with practical experience with adapted Shift lens around 45-50mm?

I looked for some inexpensive MF glass, basically like 50mm Mamiya 645 shift lens.
Yesterday i saw samples from 4/55mm Pentax 55mm lens.
In the centre is almost on pair with 1.8/55mm Zeiss but shifted quickly lost sharpness and gets CAs.
Is the Mamiya better? I thibk experience with 80mp backs w/o or minimal shifts also will be indicative.

I have Arsat 3.5/45mm T-S Lens from my Hartblei 6x6 kit but its acceptable only on 24mp and w/o much shift.

Any other options available and tested?

chrismuc

Re: Shift lens for A7r around 45-50mm
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 02:48:52 pm »

I recommend Hasselblad Zeiss CF 50f4 FLE + Mirex tilt-shift HB-EF adapter + Metabones EF-FE. Hard to beat at 50mm focal length with excellent sharpness until the corners at up to 15 mm shift in any direction.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:57:35 pm »

Hi,

I am considering that kind of adapter, too. I am a bit interested in the HCam Master TS, which is on my shopping list.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

cullings

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 05:32:04 pm »

I recommend Hasselblad Zeiss CF 50f4 FLE + Mirex tilt-shift HB-EF adapter + Metabones EF-FE. Hard to beat at 50mm focal length with excellent sharpness until the corners at up to 15 mm shift in any direction.

Sounds like good advice.  I use the Mirex shift adapter with Mamiya lenses.  One note, it is not necessary to use an expensive Metabones adapter because no data is transferred from lens to camera.  My adapter cost under $20.    - John S.

nazdravanul

• Stefan Iacob - visual artist
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 03:41:27 am »

If you have the money, the uber-expensive Hartblei Zeiss Superrotator (based on the Hasselbad 40 Distagon CFI) can't be beat. I'm using it on a a7r2 with the HCAM TS adapter and it's an amazing combo. It's the most compact view camera with full movements I can think of (both front & back tilt & shift). It is not without it's (small) quirks, but the possibilities and the results are incredible.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 12:55:23 am »

Hi,

As far as I know that lens is not based on the 40 mm CFI, but on 4/40 IF CFE. The importance of that is that the IF lens has a very different optical design than the older versions with much better sharpness. The old lenses had an extra focusing ring, moving the FLE (Floating Lens Element) group, while the new lens does internal focusing.

Hartblei also improved internal shieldings, and added a circular aperture.

Best regards
Erik

If you have the money, the uber-expensive Hartblei Zeiss Superrotator (based on the Hasselbad 40 Distagon CFI) can't be beat. I'm using it on a a7r2 with the HCAM TS adapter and it's an amazing combo. It's the most compact view camera with full movements I can think of (both front & back tilt & shift). It is not without it's (small) quirks, but the possibilities and the results are incredible.
Erik Kaffehr

BobDavid

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:58:18 am »

Have you looked at the Cambo Actus? It's an extremely versatile platform, and it is well-suited for the Sony A7x cameras.
Pages: [1]   Go Up