Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dehaze local adjustment  (Read 3229 times)

mburke

Dehaze local adjustment
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:35:28 am »

I just watched a Juliane Kost video on the Dehaze filter used as a local adjustment in both the grad filter and the adj. brush. It said it was a current update to LR CC. Is this old news or bad news? It looks like a really nice tool to have. I couldn't tell what version of LRCC she was on or if it was a beta or what. According to the Updated I am current. I was wondering if this is coming soon.

Mike

mac_paolo

Re: Dehaze local adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:38:25 am »

It's parte of the last 2015.2 update, released today.

mburke

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:55:46 am »

Thank you. It is not showing up in the Adobe updater yet. I'll check again in a day or two.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:57:51 am »

Thank you. It is not showing up in the Adobe updater yet. I'll check again in a day or two.
Reboot or restart Creative Cloud, that can often 'force' an update.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 10:59:21 am »

I am very glad to see that Adobe made this change.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 11:33:59 am »

I just watched a Juliane Kost video on the Dehaze filter used as a local adjustment in both the grad filter and the adj. brush. It said it was a current update to LR CC. Is this old news or bad news? It looks like a really nice tool to have. I couldn't tell what version of LRCC she was on or if it was a beta or what. According to the Updated I am current. I was wondering if this is coming soon.

It's hot news, like in the last couple of hours. There's another big change in the Import dialog but most of the big changes have been over in Lightroom Mobile (it's gone freemium) and in Lightroom Web (editing tools in the browser). I've written up my notes here.

John

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 01:42:05 pm »

There's another big change in the Import dialog ...... I've written up my notes here.
Horrible and pointless the change is too.
The left hand menus, the important ones that control where you're importing the images to, what metadata you add and what preset you apply on import are now difficult to read and it's less clear what's happening.

I think this is the first backward step in Lightroom's otherwise excellent development.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 02:08:22 pm »

I find it hard to see its virtue!

adias

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 04:48:39 pm »

The left hand menus, the important ones that control where you're importing the images to, what metadata you add and what preset you apply on import are now difficult to read and it's less clear what's happening.

I think this is the first backward step in Lightroom's otherwise excellent development.

I tend to agree. The old one was a tool, this one tries to be pretty and hides the useful stuff.

Jonathan Ratzlaff

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 02:01:42 am »

I second the change in the import dialog.  Whoever thought of that doesn't import images.  It is just plain stupid.  There should be an option to do a simple import.  Most of us have used this program long enough that we know how to import images by now. 
in my update the local adjustment for dehaze is where you would expect it, just under clarity.  That makes sense.  The clone and heal tool seem to be more intuitive than before as well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:04:06 am by Jonathan Ratzlaff »

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 04:46:04 am »

Most of us have used this program long enough that we know how to import images by now.
This change is apparently to ease the transition from Elements to Lightroom, (aka sucking people into the subscription model).
The irony might be that people want to move away from Elements to a more professional program because they like the 'Pro look and feature set'.
But those people moving up will still get the full interface as soon as they've imported the photos anyway!

If they really want to help people move up to Lightroom a really good video tutorial about the transition would be far more useful.

IanSeward

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 01:29:35 pm »

The import UI now looks like it was designed for a tablet?

If they wanted to dumb it down for Elements users simplifying the existing UI should have been possible.

Removing the eject memory card does not seem like a good idea for less experienced new users.

Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up