Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: In-depth comparison between canon 8400 and Epson 9900.  (Read 7385 times)

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: In-depth comparison between canon 8400 and Epson 9900.
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 07:52:49 am »

IPF has more detail in the shadows as it has more gamut in that area. The transitions are at least as smooth as x900, only the dithering is coarser. The print is more neutral, scratch resistant, less prone to metameric issues and fading, there's less bronzing and gloss differential. Printing is faster, life is easier. And - apparently - new Canons are coming...
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Some Guy

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 08:41:22 am »

.... And - apparently - new Canons are coming...

Here's some info on the new Canon printers.  All use 12 inks, and maybe 5 shades for better B&W too.

New Canon printers.

The new 17" desktop of Canon looks like a threat to the desktop 17" Epson (3880 or P800?).

SG

iCanvas

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 08:57:41 am »

Wow! They even redesigned the exterior of the printer. Epson couldn't even do that. Of course, the quality of the prints is most important. Seems like Canon is really dedicated to this line of wide format printers. We will have to see reviews on both the Epson P9000 and these new Canons. I haven't completely given up on Epson yet.   :'( Epson, what happened to you?

Gar

Some Guy

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 09:59:43 am »

Does look like a major redesign.

I like that they narrowed them up by moving the ink carts to the back instead of the sides which made the old models wider.  Might be able to squeeze one in a space I have where the older 8400 was way too wide, to say nothing on how big the older model was to move through a door and sometimes needing to go up on the side.

Be interested in the print head service and cleaning the underside of it too.  The 5 shades of black might be a threat to piezography printing too in that one might also be able to tint the B&W which is my niggle with the K7 where I'm stuck with the tint.

Seems the may be coming on the market pretty soon too in the article.

SG
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up