Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinaron digital lenses with non Sinar Backs - Leaf, PhaseOne  (Read 2258 times)

tochnia

• t-e-o.net
Sinaron digital lenses with non Sinar Backs - Leaf, PhaseOne
« on: October 03, 2015, 07:45:09 pm »

Is it possible to use Sinaron digital (older, not current one)  lenses with non-Sinar Backs /Leaf, Phase/?
And what exactly setup with preferably faster speeds than 1/60sec?

1) One of options is with Sinarcam 2 /up to 1/30sec it look/, but is this usable without Sinar Back? And can it be used without computer /or at least from modern one or tablet?/? From where it can be obtain software for commanding it?

2) Another option is Sinar Mechanical Shutter but this is only up to 1/60 sec..

3) Sinar Digital Shutter /from 80es/ and Sinar Expolux Shutter are having 1/500 but can they be controlled without computer /or at least from modern one or tablet?/. Are they are depending on film probe which is checking for film?

4) Is it possible these lenses to be mounted on Copal Shutters? And is this user activity of should be done only in Service?

Lot of questions but any opinion will be useful.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:54:22 pm by tochnia »

tochnia

• t-e-o.net
Re: Sinaron digital lenses with non Sinar Backs - Leaf, PhaseOne
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 10:24:48 am »

No one use Sinaron Lenses with Non-Sinar Backs?  ::)

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 03:41:08 pm »

You can have these lenses mounted into Copal, Sinar/ Rodenstock or Schneider shutters. Normally this needs to be done by someone who can also calibrate them.

BR

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

LasseDPF

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »

No problem with our Leaf back.
Had our lenses fitted with copal shutters.

Our dealer shiped the lenses back to Sinar. Lenses came back cleaned, calibrated and looking like new :)
Takes a couple of weeks to get them back, so be sure to plan ahead...
Lasse Morkhagen

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 06:36:41 pm »

I have used older sinaron digital DB, 60, 80, 105, 100HR to my p1 P45, P45+, cf-39ms and now cfv-50c.

By sinar auto aperture shutter.

And I owned 2 old sinar digital shutter, maximum speed is faster than mechanical DB (auto aperture) shutter.
But after it broken, it's no way to repair.

They are enough to resolve modern backs.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:44:02 pm by chiek »
chiek imaging, in Seoul, SOUTH-KOREA.
Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFv-50c medium format and a7R systems
major job is products shot, especially for electronic products.
but interested in Landscapes and Portraits, Still-life.
my hobby is Designing camera…
www.chiek.co.kr

JoeKitchen

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 06:45:13 am »

One of my favorite lenses in my Sinaron brand Roddie 90mm.  I bought it used from Peartree in London and they sent it back to Rodenstock to get a new shutter and calibration.  Then off to Arca for a new mount.  In the end, I paid about the same much as I would have if I bought it new (~3200), but this is the prior generation 90mm, which I would not have been able to buy new any way. 

This 90mm is razor sharp. 

The Sinaron lenses are the exact same Rodenstock lens, only with a different shutter (and branding). 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

tochnia

• t-e-o.net
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 09:15:52 am »

Thanks for replies!

@JoeKitchen can you please share what were prices for servicing activities performed by Rodenstock and Arca?

@Chiek, what was exact model of you digital shutters? These one before Expolux? And how you were controlling them? How many exposures they last in your hands 5, 10, 20 000?
I guess you are using these lenses now with your very interesting home made cameras  ::)

JoeKitchen

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 11:37:05 am »

Thanks for replies!

@JoeKitchen can you please share what were prices for servicing activities performed by Rodenstock and Arca?

@Chiek, what was exact model of you digital shutters? These one before Expolux? And how you were controlling them? How many exposures they last in your hands 5, 10, 20 000?
I guess you are using these lenses now with your very interesting home made cameras  ::)

Off the top of my head, I bought the 90mm used (with a Sinar shutter) from Peartree for £1200.  I of course never saw it in this condition; only viewed it online in photos. 

Peartree then sent it to Schneider actually (Rodenstock does not change shutters once the lens leaves the factory, or so I was told) for a new shutter & aperture, and then off to Acra Swiss to be mounted in the R mount.  This was about £950. 

So all together, £2150, or (at the time) a little over $3300. 

The only complaint I have is that whoever mounted the shutter on at Schneider messed up the aperture scale.  The scale is about 2/3 a stop too bright; f/11 on the lens is actually ~f/9.  I never noticed this until one day I went from my 55mm to the 90mm and noticed the exposure was brighter.  Not that big a deal and this does not effect performance.  I only need to remember it. 

I don't hold it against them though; I assume it must have been weird for team Schneider to work on a Rodenstock Lens. 

At the time I bought this, I felt it was the perfect solution.  I was told that the Sinar branded lenses are a little better since Sinar has stricter quality control.  Also, prior to purchasing this, I bought another lens used that had a defective shutter that I was told was in perfect condition.  (Fortunately I am familiar with Copel shutters, I was able to tell immediately it was defective and returned it.)  Here I was getting a used lens, but the shutter was new. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:40:43 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 10:16:55 pm »

Thanks for replies!

Yes, Mine was before Expolux, name was Sinar Digital shutter. It was battery (sinar accumulator) or AC110V operated. It has 2 dial and LCD screen (Aperture / Shutter ). used over 1 years and worked good but Someday It sounds strange and gone. I searched A/S or Dealer or any parts but Nothing… I disassembled it but… It's not mechanical …

Search Ebay, sometimes It appears.
but not recommend because maintenance was terrible.
chiek imaging, in Seoul, SOUTH-KOREA.
Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFv-50c medium format and a7R systems
major job is products shot, especially for electronic products.
but interested in Landscapes and Portraits, Still-life.
my hobby is Designing camera…
www.chiek.co.kr
Pages: [1]   Go Up