Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Tethering Nikon D810 and El Capitan does not work

(1/5) > >>

crabby:
FYI alert. Updating Mac to El Capitan 10.11 breaks Camera Control Pro 2 latest ver.2.22 and also Lightroom CC. At least with my D810. Tried on 2 different machines and 2 different usb cables. Wisely I did not update my MBPro which is what I usually tether with. I'll test further with other nikon cameras later. I just wanted to put this up quickly incase anyone who tethers nikon equipment is thinking of upgrading. Don't do it just yet. I'll confirm with more testing over the weekend.

Otto Phocus:
One of the many reasons I never upgrade any technology when it first comes out.

But I do appreciate those people who do and conduct beta testing for the rest of us. :)

Conner999:
The big reason I keep my tether MBP as old (OS wise) as I can.  Thank you for the heads-up.

rdonson:
Before making the leap its usually worthwhile to check for compatibility here:

https://roaringapps.com/apps?platform=osx

Bo Dez:
My experience of upgrading apple OS is not good. I don't do it until I have to. IMO, apple is terrible for making buggy software and I don't trust they will ever put out something that just works, like the old days, again.

When I do update it, I always clone my drive before hand so I can quickly and easily go back if necessary, or boot from it separately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version