Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oregon college shooting: Obama says 'thoughts and prayers are not enough'  (Read 6445 times)

drmike

• On Flickr:
Re: Oregon college shooting: Obama says 'thoughts and prayers are not enough'
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 03:16:23 am »

It got so bad in England they started registering knives and selling stab proof vest.

Are you sure? This passed me by.

I found this https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Mike

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 03:23:04 am »

Call it a personality flaw but I have issues with another country telling me how to live.

No where in the post that you selectively quoted did the poster tell Americans what to do, he just asked what you were going to do.
I however have no problem.
You should think about what you are being told and question it a lot more.

If a country sells $1.6 Billion in bullets a year legally according to tax records and probably about $3B illegally, then how are you going to stop guns?

The US Constitution was written hundreds of years ago and is virtually unchanged. People only had access to single shot muskets. They had never heard of automatic assault rifles.

You talk a lot about freedom, but you don't have the freedom for your kids to go to school and not be shot. That is something to think about. 30,000 people a year is a sizeable town to just shoot for freedom.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 04:44:26 am »

Call it a personality flaw but I have issues with another country telling me how to live.

Anyhow, more Americans are killed in automobile wrecks but no one is up in arms banning cars. The problem is the system is broken. I had a friend stabbed to death and giving 10 years with possible parole in 5 years and due to over crowded prisons was set to be released in 2 yrs...we was able to get it pushed back to 5 yrs. My friend is in the grave and his killer is free walking the streets. A lot of countries have banned firearms and they all saw an increase is violent crimes involving knives. It got so bad in England they started registering knives and selling stab proof vest. They even made supposed stab proof knives...this lasted long enough for criminals to figure out they could kill someone jabbing them in the eye sockets.

And how many globally do you think might have issues with being told how to live by America?

As for all this about stab proof vests and so forth in the UK what on earth led you to believe that nonsense?

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 04:49:29 am »

... It got so bad in England they started registering knives and selling stab proof vest. They even made supposed stab proof knives...this lasted long enough for criminals to figure out they could kill someone jabbing them in the eye sockets.

What are you on about? Making shit up, or reading some shit someone else has made up? You choose. None of this is true. None of it.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 07:16:28 am »

More complex thoughts on the matter.

http://induecourse.ca/?s=gun+control&x=0&y=0
--
Robert

graeme

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 07:17:19 am »

Anyhow, more Americans are killed in automobile wrecks but no one is up in arms banning cars. The problem is the system is broken. I had a friend stabbed to death and giving 10 years with possible parole in 5 years and due to over crowded prisons was set to be released in 2 yrs...we was able to get it pushed back to 5 yrs. My friend is in the grave and his killer is free walking the streets. A lot of countries have banned firearms and they all saw an increase is violent crimes involving knives. It got so bad in England they started registering knives and selling stab proof vest. They even made supposed stab proof knives...this lasted long enough for criminals to figure out they could kill someone jabbing them in the eye sockets.

1. Very sorry about your friend.
2. Yes, the bastard who killed him should still be locked up.
3. 'It got so bad in England they started registering knives and selling stab proof vest. They even made supposed stab proof knives...this lasted long enough for criminals to figure out they could kill someone jabbing them in the eye sockets.'
Sorry, that's complete bollocks.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 07:19:13 am »

Anyhow, more Americans are killed in automobile wrecks but no one is up in arms banning cars.

No one stopped trying to make car use safer though.
--
Robert

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 07:32:06 am »

Are you sure? This passed me by.

I found this https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Mike

That says nothing about registering knives.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 07:33:51 am »

No one stopped trying to make car use safer though.

This car argument is rather nonsensical anyway.

Well over 90% of cars are bought because they will serve a useful purpose, in fact a car is more or less essential to get by in the modern world although there are plenty who will argue that if we all lived in high rise flats in cities then that would no longer be the case.

Over 90% of guns are bought in America because......?

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2015, 07:37:23 am »

That says nothing about registering knives.

I think that's what he was getting at, some knives are illegal but you don't have to register any of them as suggested by Twisted Shadow.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2015, 08:14:19 am »

I think that's what he was getting at, some knives are illegal but you don't have to register any of them as suggested by Twisted Shadow.
Yeah. Me getting mixed up with who posted what. It's been a hard week of little sleep.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2015, 08:22:35 am »

Yeah. Me getting mixed up with who posted what. It's been a hard week of little sleep.

Know the feeling, manflu this end!

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2015, 09:01:09 am »

My initial post:

My basic philosophy is, "Is it working, what can I do to fix my mistakes?".

"Oregon college shooting: Obama says 'thoughts and prayers are not enough'.

Are America's gun laws working, No! There needs to be a fundamental change in thoughts. How many more mass shootings have to happen before Americans come to realise that their gun laws are not working."

I really do have a despair that there is a massive problem in America with mass gun shootings. However there is no political will to end this problem. There is no public outrage to end this problem!

Just saying,

Tom Brown
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up