Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom importing IQ160 images on Mac  (Read 733 times)

lelouarn

Lightroom importing IQ160 images on Mac
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:01:33 am »

Hi,

I am seeing a strange effect importing Phase One IQ160 digital back images onto my Macbook (OSX 10.9.5), using lightroom CC (latest and greatest).
When I put my card into the reader, and File-> "import photos and videos", I get the normal import screen. BUT LR doesn't display the image thumbnails that it should - in the import window. I just get a Phase 1 logo for each IQ160 pic on the card.

It's a bit annoying, when I want to select which pictures I want to import.
After I import the selected pics, all returns to normal, the import works just fine, and pics show up in the Library view also just fine.

I don't see this effect on my Windows 7 PC, so it might be a Mac problem. I am wondering if LR wouldn't be relying on the OS to display the thumbnails at import, or something like that.
Any other ideas ?

Thanks !

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: Lightroom importing IQ160 images on Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 12:25:07 pm »

Why are you not using Capture 1 Pro? It really does do a better job with PhaseOne files than Lightroom CC does.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 12:32:16 pm »

Actually I find that LR CC can do an excellent job on Phase files, i.e. P45+ IQ160 and 260, unless a tech camera is involved where an LCC is required.  I don't find LR's solution all that robust there.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

lelouarn

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 05:54:27 pm »

I don't use C1 (I did try it a few times) for several reasons:
- I am used to LR, and use it with my other cameras. Using two pieces of software (one for Canon and Sony the other for the IQ) to do the same thing would be a hassle, especially since I like the DAM aspect of LR
- I don't want to learn something I know already how to do in LR again. It's just a waste of time (I think)
- I don't like Phase One's attitude about C1: I get a free C1 copy with the back. But it's a crippled version, that only handles P1 backs. Seriously, Phase One ? Seriously ? I plunk a ginormous amount of money on one of your fine MFDBs, and you can't give me the full version of your software ? You really, really, want those 200 Euros extra from me ? Not gonna happen, just because I think it's so petty.
- I also don't like that P1 closes it's software to other MF manufacturers. I understand why they do it. But I don't like it. I prefer to stay with an open software platform, in case one day I want to move to Pentax or Hassi. It's a bit ironic when you think about the whole Open vs closed system discussion between P1 and Hassi :-)
So there you have it. Sorry for the rant :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up