Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Signing prints?  (Read 8117 times)

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
Re: Signing prints?
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 02:45:38 pm »

I've noticed over the years that more people  don't care about the signature and want it covered with the matting.  About 50-50 now. The biggest reason is that the white border distracrts from the art and they don't care about the signature just the overall feel of the art when I'm finished framing it.
I've started signing in the lower RH corner of the print in an unobtrusive manner - not a large garish signature and in a color that doesn't attract attention. That way it's signed if the buyer wants it, but it doesn't detract from the image.

Otto Phocus

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 07:56:15 am »

I've started signing in the lower RH corner of the print in an unobtrusive manner - not a large garish signature and in a color that doesn't attract attention. That way it's signed if the buyer wants it, but it doesn't detract from the image.

That's probably a good compromise.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 11:41:07 am »

I sign my prints in black archival ink in the front with edition count in the bottom left and signature in the bottom right and additionally on the back of the print in pencil with detailed information, such as the name/ID of the work, dates when photographed and printed, medium and sizing. With the darkroom prints mounted on the matboard I used to use a stamp into which I would write the same information by hand.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up