Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color discrepancy: LR6 vs print using IP9  (Read 601 times)

ymc226

Color discrepancy: LR6 vs print using IP9
« on: September 30, 2015, 02:18:38 pm »

I've always had success in matching my colors from screen to print using NEC PA 24 and 27 monitors, using Spectraview to calibrate, LR 4 through 6 and IP9 for the last 3 years.  On this one particular photo, using the same software (LR6) and hardware (Mac mini, Epson 3880), royal blue on screen shows up as very dark blue, practically black on the IP preview and also on the print.  Can this be the profile IP uses for Canson Infinity Rag Photographique?  I also have Epson Traditional Photo which is glossy which I can try but have not. 

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
Re: Color discrepancy: LR6 vs print using IP9
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:41:27 pm »

Do you soft proof using ImagePrint profiles in Lightroom?  I don't know if that is even possible, but it is in Photoshop. If not, do the soft proofing inside IP. Try lifting deep shadows, as a starter. You might also try printing directly from LR, using the Canson profile, just to see if there is a difference. Finally, if all else fails, call ImagePrint support and discuss the situation with one of their tech people. Telephone support is one of the perks that you paid for.

Rob

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
Re: Color discrepancy: LR6 vs print using IP9
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:24:45 am »

I suggest that you read reply # 59 by DigitalDog in this thread:  http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=104202.0

The sample that he presents seems to show the problem that you are describing with Canson Infinity Rag.  Personally, I have not experienced it, but I do not use that paper.  As I said previously, try printing in Lightroom using Canson's own profile, so that you can compare the results to ImagePrint.  If there is a huge difference, complain to IP.  It would not surprise me if they would create a new profile for you.

Rob
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:35:53 am by robgo2 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up