Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colour and light measurements using portable Android platform  (Read 17687 times)

GWGill

• Author of ArgyllCMS & ArgyllPRO ColorMeter
    • ArgyllCMS
Re: Colour and light measurements using portable Android platform
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2015, 10:05:33 PM »

I hope this is answered in the Help for ColorMeter:  how do you position the sensor when measuring lamps and do you use the ambient diffuser? I'm about to buy ColorMeter just to satisfy curiosity about my desk lamp and my Phillips LED bulbs.
Sorry, no - I'm not sure what sort of advice would be appropriate, since there are so many possible situations, and it's reasonably common sense stuff. (I'm open to suggestions though.)

If you are just trying to measure color temperature and CRI, it's not that hard - make sure the lamp illuminates the instrument, and that there is not too much stray light from other sources contaminating the result. Ambient/illuminance mode is appropriate. If in doubt, take a few different readings from different locations, and see which seem most representative.

Lundberg02

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 02:15:33 AM »

It's not common sense for someone who has never done it before, so.....
Anyway, I'll do it with and without, hang it on the lamp, position it under the lamp, with and without other lights on in the room; and any other variables I can think of. I have a black photo cloth I can drape over the setup.

srialto

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2015, 08:41:26 PM »

"a commercial app for the Android platform where there is virtually no competition"
This is great! I don't disparage Apple but I love it when things come out on platforms I use.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up