Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flower macro photographs  (Read 587 times)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Flower macro photographs
« on: September 28, 2015, 08:13:05 pm »

A couple of meadow flowers I found while wandering around the Gunpowder River in upper Baltimore County (Maryland, USA). I love the orange ones that look a bit like slippers. (If you know their common or species names, please reply.) C&C welcomed. Best, Bob
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

DwayneOakes

Re: Flower macro photographs
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:38:24 pm »

Nice set ! First wildflower is Jewelweed, they have nice smell to them, we have them through out our woods up here on
in southern, Ontario, Canada, the second wildflower I think is called Heal-all but have not seen them here.

Dwayne Oakes

syncrasy

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 09:45:07 pm »

Interesting fact about Orange Jewelweed (Impatiens capensis), also known as "Spotted Touch-Me-not":

"The seed pods are pendant and have projectile seeds that explode out of the pods when they are lightly touched, if ripe, which is where the name 'touch-me-not' comes from." (Wikipedia)
-- Mark

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 09:26:13 am »

Interesting fact about Orange Jewelweed (Impatiens capensis), also known as "Spotted Touch-Me-not":

"The seed pods are pendant and have projectile seeds that explode out of the pods when they are lightly touched, if ripe, which is where the name 'touch-me-not' comes from." (Wikipedia)

Thanks Dwayne, syncrasy. It's great to put names to these plants. I'll have to return later in the fall to see if I can get the seed pods to explode. That would be neat to capture. - Bob
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up