Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Happening to Rollie  (Read 4586 times)

AliciaOConnor

What is Happening to Rollie
« on: September 26, 2015, 02:38:54 pm »

The trend from Europe has lastly produced its way abroad to the states. With its sleek design and style that can flatter any bedroom, you're bound to discover a platform mattress that fits perfectly into your decor. The advantages of these modern beds go much beyond the eye catching, thoroughly clean cut appearance that they portray.

Read more: BEST KING SIZE MATTRESS REVIEW 2015 - WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES TO LOOK FOR BUYING.

Ask your children what they prefer in their dorms and the answer will just be the perfect additional size mattress for them to fall down lifeless and sleep throughout the weekends. When you get a twin mattress, it tends to make sense to make it a bunker bed and utilized the space beneath to place a research desk. Look at the shape of the room and match the XL twin mattress in one corner leaving the rest of the space open up so that people can feel relaxed and do what at any time they want with the space or use it for dancing.

While King size is becoming more common, the Queen dimension mattress has taken the lead as the most purchased dimension. It gives much less room than a King dimension mattress, but it also takes up less area.

A king size mattress dimension memory foam mattress ought to initial be bought by density. The denser a mattress is rated, the more materials is used to make it and the more costly it is. Ratings are expressed in pounds. A memory foam block 1 foot broad, tall and deep, with a score of one lb (totally unacceptable) would be rated 1. You do not want a rating that low, in fact, a density of 3lbs is minimum and generally the greater density the much better.

Read more: Top Best Rated Seller King Size Mattress 2014 - 2015

Moisture is an additional problem with numerous basements. It might only get moist in a fifty or one hundred year flood, but you can wager that one of those will happen ultimately. The individuals of Venice, Italy have discovered to put their valuables up off the flooring, sometimes by as much as eighteen inches or even much more, such as numerous restaurants. Their kitchen area equipment is elevated to prevent costly and harmful electrical problems when the water degree rises. It's a sound practice devised by a people who have proudly survived a number of high drinking water incidences, and worth considering if your basement is vulnerable to flooding.

Other mattress queen size mattress consist of, the Double/Full XL (United kingdom: double) at 54?eighty in (137?203 cm) which is slightly smaller sized and the King dimension at seventy six?80 in (193?203 cm) which is the ext biggest dimension.

Read more: BRENTWOOD HOME 13-INCH GEL HD MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS REVIEW 2015

A queen proportions measurement is sixty by eighty inches. When you compare this to a regular double mattress at fifty four by seventy 5 inches you can see that it is more generous and consequently a fantastic deal more at simplicity if you like to extend out.

With any kind of bedding buy, the bottom line is choice. You would be very best off screening every pillow you can believe of and choosing for your self what you like. This manual ought to assist to steer you in the correct direction.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:42:09 pm by AliciaOConnor »

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
Re: What is Happening to Rollie
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 03:19:21 pm »

I think it's history. The company was dissolved in April of this year along with the auction of anything they had, and I wouldn't be surprised if Leica managed to get their hands on the Hy6 team.
Instagram (updated often)

Theodoros

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 05:09:18 pm »

....and I wouldn't be surprised if Leica managed to get their hands on the Hy6 team.

I doubt that..., it does look possible from first site since there is a relationship with Sinar and they do need a platform as to "bridge" the Sinar products with the "S" system, but if Rollei would have been their first choice, wouldn't have they made an adapter that would make the Rollei lenses compatible to the "S" like they did with the Hasselblad lenses and the Contax lenses?
IMO, they have in mind to either invest on Hasselblad or to resurrect the Contax system... Maybe they have Rollei in mind as "plan-B" in case something goes wrong with their first choices, but given the financial position of Hasselblad and the fact that by the end of the year Kyocera has no more financial rights on the Contax for compensation (10 years after they stopped production), they will go with a platform that has a wider spread of customers ready for them, is cheaper to make and is more reliable... It will all show after the end of the year...

Ken R

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 05:30:07 pm »

I know that they went bankrupt and the factory was sold at auction, but what about the cameras themselves. 

Does it appear like anyone will be continuing production of their products?

Like it was mentioned it is not what is happening but what already has happened months ago. Rollei is gone, history. The products still live on the used market though.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:36:53 am by Ken R »

JV

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 09:02:56 pm »

Gone to the dogs...

But so are Contax 645 and Hasselblad V and that doesn't prevent people from continuing to shoot them! :)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 08:42:25 pm »

Well…

DHW-fototechnik did go insolvent and there was an auction where most of the factory was sold off, but some of the key employee's reincorporated as DW-Photo GmbH and have started again.  They are doing service of cameras and have produced some new things.  They are also located once again in the same building as before albeit in a smaller space.

They are producing some lenses and things like lens shades and the RC-100. I would guess the lenses were assembled from existing parts, but some of the things are definitely new production.  They say they will be making more 6060 film backs for the Hy6 and so on.   

I still have some stock left of the Hy6 Mod2 and lenses from before the insolvency.
Rolleiflex USA

alan_b

• West Coast Architecture + Interiors Photographer
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 08:56:57 pm »

I'd like to have seen that 35mm Flektogon.  :-\

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 09:18:30 pm »

Well…

I still have some stock left of the Hy6 Mod2 and lenses from before the insolvency.

So wrt to your signature, you are an orphaned or historically-authorised Rollei dealer :)

Who owns the Rollei and Heidecke & Franck names now?

I would be VERY surprised if somebody in China couldn't make a cheap and cheerful digital back for them, with the Sony sensor.

Edmund
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:20:29 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Theodoros

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 09:45:34 pm »

Me too...

Theodoros

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 09:53:34 pm »

Well…

DHW-fototechnik did go insolvent and there was an auction where most of the factory was sold off, but some of the key employee's reincorporated as DW-Photo GmbH and have started again.  They are doing service of cameras and have produced some new things.  They are also located once again in the same building as before albeit in a smaller space.

They are producing some lenses and things like lens shades and the RC-100. I would guess the lenses were assembled from existing parts, but some of the things are definitely new production.  They say they will be making more 6060 film backs for the Hy6 and so on.   

It would be very nice if you suggest to them to make a few adapters Eric... To Contax 645 could be one, to Leica S could be another, to Canon, Nikon and Sony α would certainly find many customers... Another thing is if they can work the Act view camera so that it can take Sony α mount and perhaps Contax backs (they can use the adapter logic to do that) so that it can be a competitor to universalis and Actus but with Rollei lenses and the internal leaf shutter working... That could be something... 

JV

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:48:19 pm by JV »

JV

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 11:52:37 pm »

At the beginning of 2014 moment there were plans for a short run.  I am not sure whether that ever happened.  The price was $13,000...

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 05:43:57 am »

Apparently some employees have made a company that sits in the same building, and still do repair for the cameras. Their mobile number is at the bottom of the cited article.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:28:58 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Bo Dez

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 08:13:47 am »

I think people look far too into Leica's involvement in other platforms.

Sinar have been left to do their own thing, I think that is how it will stay and I don't think the S will bridge anything from Sinar. I think the Contax mount purely exists because it's a dead system and one they can capitalise on, use as leverage, without risk.

as for Rollei, everything including all the tooling and equipment was liquidated and auctioned off. It's history, over, dead. Shame, they were great cameras. The Hy6 is selling for as long as it can with existing stock and serviceable parts but as far as I know that is finite and does not have a future. While I'm sure you would get a generation of use out of it, it's the last thing I would consider investing in.

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 10:51:52 am »

For whatever it is worth, it is "Rollei" and not "Rollie". Not sure why people keep repeating that mistake :)
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

Theodoros

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 12:18:10 pm »

I think people look far too into Leica's involvement in other platforms.

Sinar have been left to do their own thing, I think that is how it will stay and I don't think the S will bridge anything from Sinar. I think the Contax mount purely exists because it's a dead system and one they can capitalise on, use as leverage, without risk.

None invests money just to loose them... In other words, they didn't buy Sinar to throw their money away... Even if "Sinar have been left to do their own thing" as you claim, Sinar does need an MF platform to fit the Sinarbacks on...  :)

JoeKitchen

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 02:55:07 pm »

None invests money just to loose them... In other words, they didn't buy Sinar to throw their money away... Even if "Sinar have been left to do their own thing" as you claim, Sinar does need an MF platform to fit the Sinarbacks on...  :)

I doubt Leica is going to design a MF camera that can mount onto a digital back.  The S2s advantage is that it is a bigger then 35mm camera with better IQ and lenses that you can pick up and run with, just like a 35mm camera.  A MF back/camera system, although very good, does not give you the freedom as much as the S2.  Not to mention, designing a new camera is quite the investment.  Plus, I do not think the S lenses have a long enough flange focal length to be used with a FF MF back that needs a larger and deeper mirror box.  Once again, designing new lenses is also a big investment.   

Also, designing a adapter to mount a S2 onto a view camera would not be feasible either since the depth of the mirror box on the S2 would, with enough movements, cause shadowing of the sensor from the light from the lens.  So I do not think we will see a Sinar/S2 combo either. 

Personally, I think Sinar was in trouble and needed a buyer.  They are a good company with still much potential and Leica decided to buy. 

In the future I feel Leica will adapt Sinar's color processing for studio use into the Leica platform, which will benefit them.  However, Sinar is the real winner here.  Now they will, and already have started to, take advantage of Leica's vast distribution network.  (I know someone who use to work for Calumet and now works for Leica as the East Coast Tech Support.  This summer he had to start handling the Sinar cameras too.)  Also, in the future, Sinar backs will probably start to come with screens, CF card slots, and the ability to operate stand alone (not tethered), which all other modern backs currently do. 

There may be some more crossover, but I feel this will be very similar to the P1 and Leaf merger.  Things will be shared, but pretty much they will remain separate entities. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

landscapephoto

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 03:42:13 pm »

Also, in the future, Sinar backs will probably start to come with screens, CF card slots, and the ability to operate stand alone (not tethered), which all other modern backs currently do.

The Sinar Esprit and Emotion backs have screens, CF card slots and the ability to operate stand alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up