Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customer preferences  (Read 2828 times)

goer

Customer preferences
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:41:11 pm »

Shot for a few years with a Mamiya RZ. Still have samples laying around of past brides. Customer came in the other day and preferred the digital samples to the old film samples. The digital samples were bad. I had redone the work and given that bride the good prints. In this instance the film samples to me were much better than the digital. Are people so used to digital now that they don't see a difference?

61Dynamic

• http://
Customer preferences
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 01:58:13 pm »

I don't think it's a matter of people being used to digital. Quite often I hear of people that are reluctant of hiring a photographer shooting digital because of their experiences with P&S cameras.

I think that in a situation like you describe, it's a matter of a person who is just clueless.

macgyver

Customer preferences
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 03:06:14 pm »

To someone who knows nothing about photography, why should they or would they care about the format as long as the results are the best possible?

goer

Customer preferences
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 03:26:46 pm »

To someone who knows nothing about photography, why should they or would they care about the format as long as the results are the best possible?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60892\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's just it. The best that day was the film sample and they picked the poorly color corrected digital sample. Don't get me wrong. I love my digital set up. It prints great, looks great, and is extremely user friendly. I just thought they picked the bad print to praise. What happened was I print ProPhoto color at my business and my lab prints sRGB. I forgot that fact and sent them a ProPhoto file and what came back was awful. Purple color shift. Girls lips were purple. Customer picked that one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up