Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: O.I.S vs 32bit-Gimbal  (Read 1861 times)

adrjork

O.I.S vs 32bit-Gimbal
« on: September 25, 2015, 08:02:39 pm »

Hi everybody,

I'm going to buy a pair of m43 lense for video (and stills) purpose. So my first question as a beginner is: OIS or not-OIS?
I saw many youtube-demos and I remaind fell in love with lenses like Zuiko 12mm f/2 and Zuiko 18mm f/1.8. Videos by Moeru Maruyama are amazing, but almost always with tripods.
Well, I will not want to be a run&gun man, but I think I could often need to shoot without tripods so stabilization could become an issue.
Anyway it seems to me that O.I.S doesn't work always fine (jittering in some demos), so I thought to go for "external" stabilization like the 32bit pistol-gimbal Pilotfly H1+.
In your experience have you noticed that motorized-gimbals have micro-jittering issue?
If no, do you think that having a motorized-gimbal I could go for an OIS-free lens? Or do you think OIS is anyway a must-have feature (especially for stills)?

Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:30:23 pm by adrjork »

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Re: O.I.S vs 32bit-Gimbal
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 01:28:23 am »

I think a gimbal and a stabilised lens are completely different tools.

One a camera is on a gimbal it is hard to control.. no touching the focus for example.

Stabilised lenses in stills? really ive only ever used 'VR' with my 80-200 when shooting at maybe 1/50th - but Im old!

In kitting up for video it is kind of usual to get one crappy zoom, maybe with stabilisation for 'emergencies' and some nice primes too.

Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up