Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone made ICC profile for Hasselblad H5D-50c for Lightroom  (Read 3887 times)

Jlister

Has anyone made ICC profile for Hasselblad H5D-50c for Lightroom
« on: September 25, 2015, 03:29:32 am »

Has anyone made ICC profile for Hasselblad H5D-50c for Lightroom, if so what was your process?  what worked best? Or even better, will you share it?  I just wish Capture One opened fff files :), their profiles are much better that Adobe.

torger

Re: Has anyone made ICC profile for Hasselblad H5D-50c for Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 03:17:45 pm »

Has anyone made ICC profile for Hasselblad H5D-50c for Lightroom, if so what was your process?  what worked best? Or even better, will you share it?  I just wish Capture One opened fff files :), their profiles are much better that Adobe.

In Lightroom it's a DNG profile. If you post a flash or daylight raw file, preferably converted to DNG, with a 24 patch color checker (straight on, no perspective distortion) I (or you) can make a DCamProf profile. Workflow described here:
http://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/photography/camera-profiling.html#the_easy_way

If you like that result you can refine the profile with more advanced techniques if you like to, but already that basic workflow will bring you 95% there.

Jlister

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:25:28 am »

Thanks, I had to order a color checker...when I get it I will follow your procedures, thanks again.

Jlister

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 04:10:18 pm »

Well, I bought an x-rite color checker and am using the software to make a DNG profile.  It keeps giving me errors no matter what.  It says it can't read the color squares, I have tried everything.  Would you mind trying for me?  I put 2 DNG files in a dropbox, one in the shade and one in full sun.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1nwzhef4x99ey8f/AACeYpX6NIAQsR595RRQVv7fa?dl=0

torger

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 02:43:17 am »

I think RawDigger can do it a bit easier for you to extract sample data from shots.

For Argyll's Scanin the image needs to be perfectly aligned and cropped, and with the passport you should only use the CC24 part of it (the right side in your shots), at least I do. I don't have spectral data for the whole CC24 and I don't think it will contribute much as the patches are too similar on the other side.

I have attached the ti3 files made from your shots. I used RawTherapee to crop and rotate and "save reference image for profiling" with the "apply white balance" box unchecked.

By the way is your camera really a H5D-50c? The Exif data says H5D-50? Not that it matters for profiling...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:45:05 am by torger »

howardm

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 07:03:51 am »

The XRite software basically won't work for files >35MB or >18MB (dual illuminant).

Just ask Nikon D8xx owners

Jlister

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 09:02:10 am »

I think RawDigger can do it a bit easier for you to extract sample data from shots.

For Argyll's Scanin the image needs to be perfectly aligned and cropped, and with the passport you should only use the CC24 part of it (the right side in your shots), at least I do. I don't have spectral data for the whole CC24 and I don't think it will contribute much as the patches are too similar on the other side.

I have attached the ti3 files made from your shots. I used RawTherapee to crop and rotate and "save reference image for profiling" with the "apply white balance" box unchecked.

By the way is your camera really a H5D-50c? The Exif data says H5D-50? Not that it matters for profiling...

Yeah, Its a 50c wifi....weird that it says 50...I used the 80mm lens and couldn't get any closer and lightroom wont export your crop when you export as a DNG.  That is too bad about the X-rite not working on files this big, so basically its useless to me because my other camera is a D-810.  So RawDigger will profile?  I will try to find it today and get this done.  Thanks again. 

torger

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 09:25:41 am »

I haven't used the profiling function in RawDigger myself but I know some users of DCamProf uses that instead of Argyll Scanin to get the values. In my docs I suggest Argyll scanin to provide a completely free and cross-platform solution. RawTherapee is also free and cross-platform.

1) convert to DNG using Adobe DNG converter (typically not necessary, but for exotic cameras with embedded calibration data like the H5D-50c it's usually safer)
2) open in RawTherapee and crop-rotate to show only the CC24
3) export for profiling, make sure to uncheck "apply white balance" in the export dialog.
4) run Argyll scanin on the tiff.

I did that on the files you posted with success, oh well I skipped the DNG conversion step, but hopefully/likely it won't matter.

I've attached an image showing how cropped it should be. It's dark and green due to the linear gamma and no white balance export, just as it should be. The orientation does not matter, but it must be perfectly 90 degree and no perspective distortion.

AlterEgo

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 09:45:47 am »

So RawDigger will profile?
Rawdigger will not profile - but it will extract raw data for the further use with possible flat field normalization (from a separate flat field shot)... optionally depending on the next steps/tools it will apply WB and/or gamma and/or range normalization...

AlterEgo

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 09:47:41 am »

I haven't used the profiling function in RawDigger myself but I know some users of DCamProf uses that instead of Argyll Scanin to get the values. In my docs I suggest Argyll scanin to provide a completely free and cross-platform solution. RawTherapee is also free and cross-platform.
people on OSX (on MAC or using VMWare or so) can also use RPP as a part of the workflow... it is free (donation-ware)

AlterEgo

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 09:48:56 am »

The XRite software basically won't work for files >35MB or >18MB (dual illuminant).

Just ask Nikon D8xx owners

for as long as Nikon D8xx can do what Sony A7R2 does - in crop mode produces 18mp raw - it will be fine with D8xx... just make sure not to use any sRaw type of files.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 06:07:59 pm »

Why not use Phocus? Not only can you control the camera but the new version 2.9 has camera profiling built in with the standard test charts.
Anyway if the H5D is as least as good as the H3D it will be pretty spot on as standard using the default profile.
Lightroom does not do ICC at all. To me it is a jack of all trades and master of none.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Jlister

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 02:02:13 pm »

I used Adobes profiling software and it worked great. Phocus in my opinion is terrible. Just pull the highlights slider down and you will see what I mean. Thanks for everyone's input and help.

BAB

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 11:22:21 pm »

Always use phocus first then Adobe yes phocus highlight correction is blah
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic
Pages: [1]   Go Up