Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zion in end of first week of Oct  (Read 1877 times)

SeanBK

Zion in end of first week of Oct
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:28:00 pm »

Been to Bryce, Page and all around but my first time to Zion. Can't go to Angel's & have doubts @ Narrows so any thoughts @ Weather at end of first of week of Oct? And where to shoot, will have @ 2 days & 2 nights there.
 Thank you appreciate your answers.

sierraman

Re: Zion in end of first week of Oct
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 12:19:04 am »

Been to Bryce, Page and all around but my first time to Zion. Can't go to Angel's & have doubts @ Narrows so any thoughts @ Weather at end of first of week of Oct? And where to shoot, will have @ 2 days & 2 nights there.
 Thank you appreciate your answers.

Zion weather should been fine that week looking at the long term forecast. Fall colors won't happen in the Main Canyon until last week of October/first week of November. Plenty of photo op's in the Main Canyon along the Virgin River from the Narrows all the way down to the Watchman. I would recommend going to the East Canyon through the Zion-Mt Carmel Tunnel. Lots of fun little hikes and fewer people. There is a also a chance you will run into some Big Horn Sheep either in the morning or late in the afternoon in the East Canyon. If you are up for little drive try the Kolob Terrace Road on the west side of the park. You may get some Fall Colors in this area as the road ends above 8K feet.  :)

Also look here:
http://www.citrusmilo.com/zionguide/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:23:55 am by sierraman »

SeanBK

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:47:02 am »

Thank you appreciate the insightful reply, it definitely helps a lot. Now I'm getting excited & looking  forward to the trip.

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 05:24:57 am »

Fall colors on the east side could be quite good in early October.  First week they're probably just getting started.  Aspens in the higher elevations of the Kolob area will likely be on the way out.  Regardless of what you'll find in the way of autumn foliage there's an abundance of subjects to photograph.

You might find my ebook, eFotoGuide: The Ultimate Guide to Photographing Zion NP, to be of value as you plan and embark upon your trip.

Good luck and have a great time!

Mjollnir

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 06:55:01 pm »

I second the votes for Kolob Terraces.

Just visited there for the first time last November, in fog and snow, and it was ethereal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up