Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: disable live view / remove it from menu  (Read 848 times)

Christoph B.

disable live view / remove it from menu
« on: September 23, 2015, 06:07:16 am »

Is there an option to disable live view or remove it from the tools?

I'm working with a back that has no live view option and sometimes you accidentally turn it on.

Why doesn't it automatically disable when there's an older back connected to it?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: disable live view / remove it from menu
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:31:34 pm »

Are you talking about the camera icon at the top? "capture".

If so you can right click on that icon and remove it. or the part of it that is causing problems.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Christoph B.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 02:04:45 pm »

Well when you're shooting tethered there's the "CAMERA" tool and in that tool you have the ability to remote control the camera (take a picture) and right next to that button there's the "Start Live View" button. Looks like a film camera symbol.

It's just annoying when you're taking a picture and accidentally turn on live view only to get another window with nothing but noise....

But when you remove the camera tool you can't remote control the camera.. bit of a nuisance.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 02:39:44 pm »

Well when you're shooting tethered there's the "CAMERA" tool and in that tool you have the ability to remote control the camera (take a picture) and right next to that button there's the "Start Live View" button. Looks like a film camera symbol.

It's just annoying when you're taking a picture and accidentally turn on live view only to get another window with nothing but noise....

But when you remove the camera tool you can't remote control the camera.. bit of a nuisance.

I shoot tethered in the field, with the S3 and USB3, but never use Live View as Live on CCD to me is pretty worthless unless the conditions are just perfect, which most times they are not.  Not sure what is happening as when I go tethered, (win 7 or win8), after I hit the shutter I just get the image in the main C1 image area.  Now, Live View on the 250, well that's a different animal all together.  There were a few changes to the Live View in that last couple of versions of C1 vr8 that I did not pay much attention to since I never use it so I may not be much help.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 06:56:29 am »

use CMD-K to capture instead?

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up